Thread: anomad's N+1 Flea Market

Post Thanks / Like

Default anomad's N+1 Flea Market

I'm thinning the herd. All these bikes are for a not too short person, I'm 6'2 and have long legs. I've ridden the crap out of all of them except the carbon.

Nashbar Aluminum frame touring bike all set up for commuting. 60cm. Steel fork with low rider mounts. I built this up a few years ago and its been my backup commuter rig. 36 spoke wheels, 105 triple front, 9 speed rear, tiagra shifters, kind of a mutt. Planet bike fenders and rack. 32c gatorskins. Dog pack micro panniers negotiable with purchase... Plug and play commuter perfect for DC metro area, I might even throw in some old panniers if you seem worthy.
    $500

Kona Nunu 22 inch. Old's cool handlebar set up with bar ends. Rock shock Dart2 fork, hydro brakes, 3x8 speed Alivio drivetrain. No pedals.
    $200

Motobecane Lurch. 21 or so? You can look it up on bikesdirect.com Pretty much a surly knockoff, I love this bike, but its been gathering dust since I moved here. I'll keep all the frame bag, anything cages and pedals. SRAM 2x10 drivetrain, Avid mechanicals.
    $600

Nashbar carbon fiber 29er frame and Nashbar carbon fork. Built this guy up over the winter and its easily the lightest bike I have ever had. XT 1x11 drivetrain bodged onto a 10sp hub, so there is a gear missing. If I were keeping it I would dremel out the cassette body and take a little more off the steerer tube. TRP Spykes, 180mm rotors. RaceFace alloy bars stem and lock on grips. Crank Brothers wheels, maxxis tires set up tubeless. Probably 200 miles on this, all on the MVT except one towpath ride.
    $1000

Check my shifter and brake cable ad too.

Post Thanks / Like

More pictures:

Let me know if you want any other details or photos for any of the bikes.
    Text is probably easier than the forum messaging system. Seven two oh, 984 eleven fifty three.

Post Thanks / Like

Bumping this up.

I'll throw in a pound of fresh home roasted coffee.

Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

CALLING SUNYATA (brrringgg...bringgg)

For only $200, would this be worth trying out some N+1 mountain biking on? I'm a MTB virgin, remember. The seat post looks long and high, so even though anomad is tall, will this work for 5'9" me? Or is the top tube too long?

Quote Originally Posted by anomad View Post
    Kona Nunu 22 inch. Old's cool handlebar set up with bar ends. Rock shock Dart2 fork, hydro brakes, 3x8 speed Alivio drivetrain. No pedals.
    $200

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post

For only $200, would this be worth trying out some N+1 mountain biking on? I'm a MTB virgin, remember. The seat post looks long and high, so even though anomad is tall, will this work for 5'9" me? Or is the top tube too long?
    I think the top tube would be way too long. You probably want a size "M" mountain bike (and this is an XL -- or even XXL).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post

What Hans said. I am 5'9" and ride a medium MTB most of the time. Every once in a while, I can fit on a largeish small or a smallish large. But that top tube looks SUPER long!

If you are really interested in trying out mountain biking, we can find you a bike to ride. The best thing about riding a medium is tons of other people ALSO ride medium bikes!

7. Likes Steve O, hozn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Shush you guys...

I'll turn the stem around backwards and give him some platform soled shoes.

It'll be perfect for you SteveO. Never mind that message I sent you saying its too big.

9. Likes Steve O liked this post