Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crash on the MVT - July 23

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, ouch. The MVT scores another victim. Another reminder to everyone to be extra vigilant when the conditions are out of the ordinary.

I would highly advise seeking another doctor's opinion; surgeons are, understandably, cut happy and it seems odd that you would need screws for a hairline fracture. Heck, I've broken my ankle and healed perfect without any surgery and only a walking cast. Seems strange but I'm not a doctor but I play one on the internet.

Healing from injury sucks, no way around it. Hopefully your wife has the fortitude to take care of you with good grace and humor.

Best wishes.

2. Likes Starduster, CaseyKane50, anomad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about this, Casey! Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery. If there's anything I can do, please let me know.

4. Likes CaseyKane50 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    So sorry to hear about this, Casey! Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery. If there's anything I can do, please let me know.
    Casey told me that he wanted you to bake a bunch of chocolate chip cookies but that he wanted me to deliver them and also that he didn't want you to ever mention that you baked him chocolate chip cookies during his recovery. I will make sure that they get to him.

6. Likes bobco85, CaseyKane50 liked this post
    Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Do not trust Judd. I will take the cookies to Casey.
    Last edited by Steve O; 07-27-2017 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Get well, Casey!!!

8. Likes CaseyKane50 liked this post
    ELITE bobco85 ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KLizotte View Post
    Wow, ouch. The MVT scores another victim. Another reminder to everyone to be extra vigilant when the conditions are out of the ordinary.

I would highly advise seeking another doctor's opinion; surgeons are, understandably, cut happy and it seems odd that you would need screws for a hairline fracture. Heck, I've broken my ankle and healed perfect without any surgery and only a walking cast. Seems strange but I'm not a doctor but I play one on the internet.

Healing from injury sucks, no way around it. Hopefully your wife has the fortitude to take care of you with good grace and humor.

Best wishes.
    The non-surgery route is still an option and is definitely my preference. I think part of the "scheduling" of the surgery on Monday was to deal with Medicare rules and to facilitate my movement from Kaiser's Urgent Care facility to the Virginia Hospital Center.

I thought I needed the good grace and humor to deal with this. 🙂

10. Likes Starduster, Emm, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Very sorry to hear Casey. If there's anything that I can do to help, please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by ian74 View Post
    Sorry to hear Casey. I hate the damn wood bridges. I fall at least once a year on them. Hopefully you'll be back to 100% in no time. I'll keep my eye out at the farmer's market for you. Heal fast. And if there is anything Judd can do to help, please let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Do not trust Judd. I will take the cookies to Casey.
    Chocolate chip cookies and beer make for a good treat. I would put my trust in Komorebi to deliver the cookies.

12. Likes bobco85, LeprosyStudyGroup, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you heal up quick and get back out soon Casey, Alexandrias a better place when youre out there

14. Likes CaseyKane50 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can also drop off a batch of nutella stuffed chocolate chip cookies if you realize you need those in your life. And hopefully you can avoid surgery. But if not, I have all sorts of helpful things that got me through hip surgery recovery that I am happy to drop off.

16. Likes ian74, CaseyKane50 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man. That really sucks.

Sending best wishes for a speedy recovery and no surgery. Please do let us know if you need anything at all. My baking skills are nowhere near as awesome as Komorebi's, but I can make an incredible pizza!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    Oh man. That really sucks.

Sending best wishes for a speedy recovery and no surgery. Please do let us know if you need anything at all. My baking skills are nowhere near as awesome as Komorebi's, but I can make an incredible pizza!
    Beer, cookies, pizza, physical therapy devices.... this is starting to sound like an awesome party at Casey's house.