Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crash on the MVT - July 23

Post Thanks / Like

Wow... We tell everyone else to be careful and then *we* get caught out. Been there. Done that. Sorry this happened, Casey... Best of healing, ideally with a non-surgical route. We'll be thinking of you out there.

Sounds like you will not lack for cookies and pizza.

2. Likes CaseyKane50 liked this post
    Steve O is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    I can also drop off a batch of nutella stuffed chocolate chip cookies if you realize you need those in your life.
    I believe everybody needs those in their lives.

Happy to make a multi-drop run: I can pick up komo's & then yours, swing by Casey's for pizza (I know how to carry) to deliver to Casey. Really, it's no trouble at all.

4. Likes CaseyKane50, streetsmarts, Emm liked this post
    dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Casey! Hope you heal quickly and well. Please let us know if there's anything we can do.

6. Likes CaseyKane50 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Komorebi vs. Emm BAAAAKKEEEEE OOOFFFFFFFFFFF!

It'll be our version of the Great British Baking Show. We'll call it the Great Bicycling Baking Show. Next week is cake.

8. ELITE komorebi, Judd ELITED this post
    Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ian74 View Post

It'll be our version of the Great British Baking Show. We'll call it the Great Bicycling Baking Show. Next week is cake.
    Samples or it didn't happen.

10. Likes CaseyKane50, Steve O, streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be very unfair to exclude Kitty from this competition. Her homemade LarBar thingies are pretty fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like

I did kinda totally win my office's bake off with rum cake this year... just sayin'

(And yes, kitty must participate. I loved those larabars and cookies she's been making)

13. Likes CaseyKane50, Steve O, Kitty, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyKane50 View Post
    The non-surgery route is still an option and is definitely my preference. I think part of the "scheduling" of the surgery on Monday was to deal with Medicare rules and to facilitate my movement from Kaiser's Urgent Care facility to the Virginia Hospital Center.

I thought I needed the good grace and humor to deal with this. ��
    I met with the surgeon and had more x-rays taken, the good news is I don't need an MRI. The bad news is the fracture was visible on the x-rays and the bone has displaced. For me, that means that I will need surgery. Still waiting for the abrasion on my hip to heal before getting the surgery scheduled.

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes and the offer of treats. Given that I am not riding, I will need to pass on the treats. To not disappoint those who desperately wanted to deliver the cookies, I suggest the bakers bring them to a coffee hour. Request donations from the consumers to be passed on to Kitty for her upcoming ride.
    Last edited by CaseyKane50; 08-05-2017 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Grammer

Post Thanks / Like

I met with the surgeon and had more x-rays taken, the good news is I don't need an MRI. The bad news is the fracture was visible on the x-rays and the bone has displaced. For me, that means that I will need surgery. Still waiting for the abrasion on my hip to heal before getting the surgery scheduled.

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes and the offer of treats. Given that I am not riding, I will need to pass on the treats. To not disappoint those who desperately wanted to deliver the cookies, I suggest the bakers bring them to a coffee hour. Request donations from the consumers to be passed on to Kitty for her upcoming ride.
    That's too bad Casey, was hoping you would be well on your way to healing up. I'll think healing thoughts and reach out if you need anything!

16. Likes CaseyKane50 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

...Thanks to everyone for your good wishes and the offer of treats. Given that I am not riding, I will need to pass on the treats. To not disappoint those who desperately wanted to deliver the cookies, I suggest the bakers bring them to a coffee hour. Request donations from the consumers to be passed on to Kitty for her upcoming ride.
    Hmmmm. Emm's rum cake at CCCC. I would definitely donate (again) to Kitty's ride.

18. Likes CaseyKane50 liked this post