Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to fix hole in bike shorts?

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    The answer is always: From laying down amazing wattage.
    I think it most likely occurred when I unintentionally went on a mountain biking excursion on my road bike and had to bushwhack my way out, uphill, to find civilization. Was a funny experience *after* it was over.

2. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to patch or sew shut stretchy material in a way that will last. I once repaired shorts by sewing an entire new panel over the old one made of stretchy black fabric. It hid the repair and gave the stitches something to grab.

Post Thanks / Like

Had success using a patch and Seam Grip.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I don't know better. Hate to admit but I seem to get plenty of practice stitching up tears in the bibs. I pinch the cloth with a clip about an inch from the seam and move the clip along as I go to keep the seam and tensions even. I do a loop stitch being careful not to pull it too tight as I go. lots of loops close together. Stop every 1/2 inch or so and lock the stitch line with a running knot and keep moving along. Pull in just enough to keep the cloth from unraveling but not so much as to bunch up a large running lump. Not perfect as there is a thin stitched up snake but the cloth gives a bit and the bibs still fit fine without creases or pulls. Have a pair of long lasting bibs with two hand made seams that match the road rash scars in the skin directly below them. The key is working on it when you are otherwise still. On the sofa watching a movie your spouse picked for example.