Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: In the beginning was the deed!

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    Good call. I was going to ask if you had any minimum length requirements...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    I don't but Strava does (as I found out trying to create a segment for the part of Washington Blvd in Arlington between Nash and McKinley). Looks like T Street and 6th street will be out, as a result.

Its a lot easier to create segment where there is a recent ride I know of, and don't have to scroll and scroll looking for ones to edit. I have done all the riding I need for the NoVa segments. I may not have time to ride the entire lenghts of the L and M street PBLs though (there are segments on them already, but not as long as I want) by NYE. If anyone can either ride them soon, or if they have rides already done and can post links to the rides here, I would appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    I don't but Strava does (as I found out trying to create a segment for the part of Washington Blvd in Arlington between Nash and McKinley). Looks like T Street and 6th street will be out, as a result.

Its a lot easier to create segment where there is a recent ride I know of, and don't have to scroll and scroll looking for ones to edit. I have done all the riding I need for the NoVa segments. I may not have time to ride the entire lenghts of the L and M street PBLs though (there are segments on them already, but not as long as I want) by NYE. If anyone can either ride them soon, or if they have rides already done and can post links to the rides here, I would appreciate it.
    https://www.strava.com/activities/1008224190 should have the full L Street cycletrack between 25th and 12th NW (it doesn't have the unprotected sharrowed part to 11th).

https://www.strava.com/activities/834004471 has M Street between 15th and 28th NW (it looks like the only times I've gone from Thomas Circle down M Street I peeled off before getting to Georgetown).

3. Likes lordofthemark liked this post
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

For reasons that are not clear to me, I cannot create a segment from someone else's ride. (plus I forgot to mention that I still need to create segments on the Capitol Hill contraflow lanes. I intend to ride the segments tomorrow as part of my first FS ride, and will then create them. I will shortly be posting a list of the segments here for would be competitors to have before FS starts, including those segments that have not yet been created (IE the 4 segments in DC - all the NoVa segments HAVE been created). I will later post something with the actual exact segment names for the coders to use in determining the winner.

My proposal is that the winner will be determined by the person who has the most rides on their least ridden segment (IE if they ride one segment 2X, and all others 5x, their score would = 2) in order to encourage exploring, not riding back and forth on a couple of segments. The winner will get either a copy of Goethe's Faust, or a copy of Le Carre's "Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy". I would also like to be able to somehow honor everyone with a score of at least "one" - IE everyone who has ridden every segment at least once.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the list (apologies for posting it late, in case anyone was trying to ride these segments last night or this morning)

The location is followed by the name of the Strava segment.

Arlington:
    *Washington bn Sycamore and McKinley*- WB. The Deed 7 (WB on Washington Blvd)

*Wilson bn Manchester and Emerson - EB. N. Arlington to N. Illinois

*Wilson bn Manchester and Emerson -WB. New Bike Lane on Wilson Blvd.

N Quincy bn 13th and 17th - NB. BikeArlington Commuter Counter (New, downhill)

N Quincy bn13th and 17th - SB. Library Sprint - if you're lucky

S Eads bn Army Navy and Glebe*- NB. The Deed 8 (NB Eads)

S Eads bn Army Navy and Glebe*- SB. The Deed 9 (NB Eads) (oops)

S Hayes bn 15th and where it becomes 18th- NB. The Deed 10 (Hayes NB)

S Hayes bn 15th and where it becomes 18th- SB. The Deed 11 (Hayes SB)

S 18th bn where it was Hayes to Eads - EB The Deed 12(18th EB)

S 18th bn where it was Hayes to Eads - WB The Deed 13(18th WB)

Crystal Dr bn 18th and Airport Access*- NB The Deed 14(Crystal NB)

Crystal Dr bn 18th and Airport Access*- SB The Deed 15(Crystal SB)

Alexandria :
    King Street TCW to Janneys- NB The Deed

King Street TCW to Janneys - SB The Deed 4 (King Street Buffered SB)

King Street Janneys to Cedar- NB The Deed 2

King Street Janneys to Cedar - SB The Deed 5 (SB Bolshevik Lane)

Prince The Deed 6 Prince Street

Cameron Columbus to Buchanon Cam'ron Dash

Van Dorn - EB. The Deed 3

Van Dorn King to Ft Ward Hillcrest King to Ft Ward Hillcrest

Washington DC
    (the segments are not creatd yet, but I intend to get them done soon)

L Street Lane 22nd to 12th NW

M Street Lane 14th to 25th

Contra Flow on G NE 2nd to 13th

Contra Flow on I NE 13th to 5th
    Last edited by lordofthemark; 01-01-2018 at 09:00 AM.