Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Arlington MTP Bike Element Update

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    220
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Arlington MTP Bike Element Update

    Forum users:

    Arlington County is in the process of updating the Bicycle Element of its Master Transportation Plan (MTP). The County Manager has appointed a working group of community members to assist County staff in outreach, draft plan review and other aspects of updating the plan.

    The plan update will incorporate input from people with a wide range of abilities and backgrounds from civic and business organizations. The wealth of expertise held by County staff and community members will improve mobility, safety, comfort and convenience for bicyclists and expand its attractiveness of getting around Arlington for people of all ages and interests.

    The working group has held two meetings so far. County staff and working group members have introduced themselves, presented a proposed plan for public engagement, discussed the plan development process and identified key policy items that they would like to have included in the plan. The plan update is to proceed in two stages beginning with the development of a policy framework. Upon endorsement of the policy framework by the County Board and advisory commissions, the planning effort will focus upon implementation measures including the identification of a network of bicycle facilities.

    The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, July 27 at 7 p.m. - Courthouse Plaza (Azalea conference room – lobby level). All working group meetings are open to the public and residents are encouraged to attend! Meeting agenda items for July 27 include: review of a preliminary draft of the plan’s framework and identification of upcoming public outreach activities.

    Stay connected -- Please visit our project page and sign up to receive Bike Element Plan email updates. Updates like these will be sent out periodically and will include meeting information and announcements, upcoming community engagement efforts and more ways to stay involved.


    A county project web page has been created here.


    Henry
    Last edited by Henry; 07-18-2017 at 01:31 PM.

  2. #2
    dasgeh's Avatar
    dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,368
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Bike Element working group is moving onto Phase II, which will focus on what to build where. The first step is public outreach -- there's a survey open until June 29, and events and workshops to give in-person feedback:

    -- May 23, Lee Harrison 5:30pm-7:30pm
    -- May 29, Shirlington Village Library Yappy Hour 5-7pm
    -- May 30, Crystal City Metro, 4:30pm-6:30pm

    Public Workshops
    -- June 2, Arlington Mill CC 2-4:30pm
    -- June 4, Navy League Building in Courthouse 4:30-7:30pm (**BAC meeting will start after this in 2100 Clarendon, 1 block away**)

    PLEASE take the survey. The map at the end isn't the most user friendly, but it would be SUPER helpful if you could put in as many points of improvement as possible.
    Last edited by dasgeh; 05-23-2018 at 10:58 AM.

  3. #3
    Judd's Avatar
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    2,826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    The Bike Element working group is moving onto Phase II, which will focus on what to build where. The first step is public outreach -- there's a survey open until June 29, and events and workshops to give in-person feedback:

    -- May 23, Lee Harrison 5:30pm-7:30pm
    -- May 29, Shirlington Village Library Yappy Hour 5-7pm
    -- May 30, Crystal City Metro, 4:30pm-6:30pm

    Public Workshops
    -- June 2, Arlington Mill CC 2-4:30pm
    -- June 4, Navy League Building in Courthouse 4:30-7:30pm (**BAC meeting will start after this in 2100 Clarendon, 1 block away**)

    PLEASE take the survey. The map at the end isn't the most user friendly, but it would be SUPER helpful if you could put in as many points of improvement as possible.
    I took the survey and shared on Twitter. I have placed ten pins on the map and Iím just getting started. I think the map is okay. I wish I could read the comments left my others though.

  4. 05-23-2018, 03:40 PM


  5. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Columbia Pike
    Posts
    1,434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I wish I could read the comments left my others though.
    So...you can. You can't vote them up or anything, but see that grey arrow at the bottom of the screen? That'll bring up a table view of everyone's comments. If you leave "filter by map extent" then it will only show you comments that are showing in the map view as currently zoomed.


  6. #5
    Judd's Avatar
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    2,826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris_s View Post
    So...you can. You can't vote them up or anything, but see that grey arrow at the bottom of the screen? That'll bring up a table view of everyone's comments. If you leave "filter by map extent" then it will only show you comments that are showing in the map view as currently zoomed.

    Thanks! That seems like a non-intuitive user interface. Iíll have to let Mark Blacknell know. He found a work around that involved starting a new comment and clicking to edit it which then allowed clicking on individual markers.

  7. #6
    dasgeh's Avatar
    dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,368
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Thanks! That seems like a non-intuitive user interface. I’ll have to let Mark Blacknell know. He found a work around that involved starting a new comment and clicking to edit it which then allowed clicking on individual markers.
    So this interface isn't great, but it's not directly the fault of the County staff working on the update. The good news is that a comment saves as soon as you add it. So you can keep adding comments over time.
    Last edited by dasgeh; 05-24-2018 at 04:17 PM.

  8. #7
    Judd's Avatar
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    2,826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    So this interface isn't great, but it's not directly the fault of the County staff working on the update. The good news is that a comment saves as soon as you add it. So you can keep the add comments over time.
    I also like that you can go back to the map independent of the survey to add additional points. Iím sure that Iíll come across something during the survey timeframe that I didnít think about yesterday.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •