Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: July 2017 Road & Trail Conditions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    IF they do put down a sheet of plywood, I suggest that we call it the "Steve Offutt Memorial Bike Ramp" similar to the excellent Wayne F. Anderson Bikeway.
    Be careful when you spar with Steve O, he is more powerful than you may have realized.

2. Likes Steve O, streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Steve owns an Air Force base??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by streetsmarts View Post
    Steve owns an Air Force base??
    Yes. Purchased with his family's Potato Fortunes.

5. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good news, the exit ramp from the 14th Street Bridge to Maine Avenue eastbound, west of the Fish Market, is closed. Bad news, the sidewalk crossing that probably most people use to cross that ramp has been cordoned off. Maine Avenue eastbound is down to one lane which makes it difficult for a westbound cyclist to go through even after getting off the curb. Eastbound one can go with the slow moving traffic. I was unable to figure out exactly what was going on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ursus View Post
    Good news, the exit ramp from the 14th Street Bridge to Maine Avenue eastbound, west of the Fish Market, is closed. Bad news, the sidewalk crossing that probably most people use to cross that ramp has been cordoned off. Maine Avenue eastbound is down to one lane which makes it difficult for a westbound cyclist to go through even after getting off the curb. Eastbound one can go with the slow moving traffic. I was unable to figure out exactly what was going on.
    It is fine now. They repaved the ramp including where someone riding on the sidewalk crosses the bottom of the ramp.

Post Thanks / Like

The intentionally broken glass on the bridge by DCA and ramp at Gravelly Point was present this morning. Corona this time

I emailed NPS.

Happy Monday regardless. I hope everyone has a good week.

Post Thanks / Like

The Eads Street bike lanes on the south end have returned, and they now extend all the way to Glebe Rd!

Another thing to note on Eads Street: taking a page from the M Street cycletrack, the configuration of NB travelers at 23rd St S has a crossover between bike lane and right turn lane. This is a spot where drivers like to park/stand, so instead of blocking the bike lane, they're blocking the right turn lane which forces right turning drivers into the bike lane (thus blocking it again). As mentioned previously on this thread, drivers are confused and are sometimes turning right from the center lane, so be wary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes lordofthemark, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anomad View Post
    The intentionally broken glass on the bridge by DCA and ramp at Gravelly Point was present this morning. Corona this time

I emailed NPS.

Happy Monday regardless. I hope everyone has a good week.

Glass on Humpback this morning too on the side headed into DC. Can someone refresh me on the e-mail address for NPS to report?

Post Thanks / Like

Kudos and thanks to the rider sweeping up broken glass from the Custis bridge over Spout Run Parkway this morning.

Sounds like it is time to start the campaign to ban the packaging of alcoholic beverages in glass containers.

13. Likes Steve O, Erin Potter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got a note back that they've cleaned up this morning.