Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 69

Thread: July 2017 Road & Trail Conditions

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    525
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    3 out of 5 drivers think that the addition of bike lanes means they no longer need to park near the curb.

    Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    The paint seems to encourage right hooks. The dashed lines should open up much further north, allowing turning drivers to merge with bicycle traffic earlier.

  2. Likes Steve O, bobco85, dasgeh liked this post
  3. #32
    dasgeh's Avatar
    dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    This is painted incorrectly as well. It's not the buffer than continues, it's the bike lane. And why not green, like in Rosslyn?

  4. Likes bobco85 liked this post
  5. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    420
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    This is painted incorrectly as well. It's not the buffer than continues, it's the bike lane. And why not green, like in Rosslyn?
    Or in neighboring Pentagon City.

  6. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    420
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Mirror gone on Custis at I-66 Glebe Exit

    I have been out of town a few days so I am not sure when this went missing. This morning as I rode in on the Custis (eastbound), I noticed that the mirror at I-66 Glebe Exit overpass intersection was gone (where eastbound riders head up hill on an overpass and need to make a blind right turn, west bound riders make a blind left, and there is an entrance trail from Glebe that looks more like the trail. I would attach a Google picture, but the camera vans apparently do not travel on the trails (A good thing too!).

    When did this disappear? Has anyone told the county yet? If not, I will.

  7. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Living in the world
    Posts
    436
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    I have been out of town a few days so I am not sure when this went missing. This morning as I rode in on the Custis (eastbound), I noticed that the mirror at I-66 Glebe Exit overpass intersection was gone (where eastbound riders head up hill on an overpass and need to make a blind right turn, west bound riders make a blind left, and there is an entrance trail from Glebe that looks more like the trail. I would attach a Google picture, but the camera vans apparently do not travel on the trails (A good thing too!).

    When did this disappear? Has anyone told the county yet? If not, I will.
    Yesterday morning there was a large landscaper's truck parked at that spot - I didn't notice if the mirror was missing then, but I noticed it gone on my homeward commute that afternoon; it made me wonder if the landscape guys ran into it. I meant to tell the county but by the time I got home I forgot. Derp.

  8. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    1,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drewdane View Post
    Yesterday morning there was a large landscaper's truck parked at that spot - I didn't notice if the mirror was missing then, but I noticed it gone on my homeward commute that afternoon; it made me wonder if the landscape guys ran into it. I meant to tell the county but by the time I got home I forgot. Derp.
    Yesterday morning I saw the mirror broken on the ground. I didn't think to report it since I've never used it and did not realize it had utility for others.

  9. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Living in the world
    Posts
    436
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    Yesterday morning I saw the mirror broken on the ground. I didn't think to report it since I've never used it and did not realize it had utility for others.
    Yeah, I usually check it so I know whether I need to worry about folks approaching the blind turn. I just reported it using Arlington's online service request tool.

  10. Likes dasgeh, DrP, huskerdont liked this post
  11. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    420
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drewdane View Post
    Yeah, I usually check it so I know whether I need to worry about folks approaching the blind turn. I just reported it using Arlington's online service request tool.
    Thank you for reporting it. I will try to do so too - if multiple people report it, maybe it can be replaced. Hopefully with the same sized one - not the tiny one they added by the underpass of I-66 shortly before it Ts the W&OD.

  12. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Living in the world
    Posts
    436
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    Thank you for reporting it. I will try to do so too - if multiple people report it, maybe it can be replaced. Hopefully with the same sized one - not the tiny one they added by the underpass of I-66 shortly before it Ts the W&OD.
    The service request now has a comment from a representative of arlingtonva:

    Multiple service requests have been submitted for this issue and they have all been merged into the following ticket number #2904765 to avoid duplication and improve service delivery. You will continue to be notified of the status of this work through the new ticket number #2904765.

  13. Likes Steve O, DrP liked this post
  14. #40
    Steve O's Avatar
    Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dominion Hills in Arlington VA
    Posts
    3,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    When did this disappear? Has anyone told the county yet? If not, I will.
    I think the storm the other day may have blown it down. First time I noticed it down was right after.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •