Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: July 2017 Road & Trail Conditions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    3 out of 5 drivers think that the addition of bike lanes means they no longer need to park near the curb.

The paint seems to encourage right hooks. The dashed lines should open up much further north, allowing turning drivers to merge with bicycle traffic earlier.

2. Likes Steve O, bobco85, dasgeh liked this post
    dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

This is painted incorrectly as well. It's not the buffer than continues, it's the bike lane. And why not green, like in Rosslyn?

4. Likes bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    This is painted incorrectly as well. It's not the buffer than continues, it's the bike lane. And why not green, like in Rosslyn?
    Or in neighboring Pentagon City.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mirror gone on Custis at I-66 Glebe Exit

I have been out of town a few days so I am not sure when this went missing. This morning as I rode in on the Custis (eastbound), I noticed that the mirror at I-66 Glebe Exit overpass intersection was gone (where eastbound riders head up hill on an overpass and need to make a blind right turn, west bound riders make a blind left, and there is an entrance trail from Glebe that looks more like the trail. I would attach a Google picture, but the camera vans apparently do not travel on the trails (A good thing too!).

When did this disappear? Has anyone told the county yet? If not, I will.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    I have been out of town a few days so I am not sure when this went missing. This morning as I rode in on the Custis (eastbound), I noticed that the mirror at I-66 Glebe Exit overpass intersection was gone (where eastbound riders head up hill on an overpass and need to make a blind right turn, west bound riders make a blind left, and there is an entrance trail from Glebe that looks more like the trail. I would attach a Google picture, but the camera vans apparently do not travel on the trails (A good thing too!).

Yesterday morning there was a large landscaper's truck parked at that spot - I didn't notice if the mirror was missing then, but I noticed it gone on my homeward commute that afternoon; it made me wonder if the landscape guys ran into it. I meant to tell the county but by the time I got home I forgot. Derp.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drewdane View Post
    Yesterday morning there was a large landscaper's truck parked at that spot - I didn't notice if the mirror was missing then, but I noticed it gone on my homeward commute that afternoon; it made me wonder if the landscape guys ran into it. I meant to tell the county but by the time I got home I forgot. Derp.
    Yesterday morning I saw the mirror broken on the ground. I didn't think to report it since I've never used it and did not realize it had utility for others.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    Yesterday morning I saw the mirror broken on the ground. I didn't think to report it since I've never used it and did not realize it had utility for others.
    Yeah, I usually check it so I know whether I need to worry about folks approaching the blind turn. I just reported it using Arlington's online service request tool.

10. Likes dasgeh, DrP, huskerdont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drewdane View Post
    Yeah, I usually check it so I know whether I need to worry about folks approaching the blind turn. I just reported it using Arlington's online service request tool.
    Thank you for reporting it. I will try to do so too - if multiple people report it, maybe it can be replaced. Hopefully with the same sized one - not the tiny one they added by the underpass of I-66 shortly before it Ts the W&OD.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for reporting it. I will try to do so too - if multiple people report it, maybe it can be replaced. Hopefully with the same sized one - not the tiny one they added by the underpass of I-66 shortly before it Ts the W&OD.
    The service request now has a comment from a representative of arlingtonva:

Multiple service requests have been submitted for this issue and they have all been merged into the following ticket number #2904765 to avoid duplication and improve service delivery. You will continue to be notified of the status of this work through the new ticket number #2904765.

13. Likes Steve O, DrP liked this post
    Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the storm the other day may have blown it down. First time I noticed it down was right after.