Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: July 2017 Road & Trail Conditions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    Tree down blocking the Custis Trail between the corkscrew and the Spout Run overpass. If going east, you can get off the trail after the corkscrew, go through the Lee Highway shops parking lot past the Giant and then take the ramp back on the Custis.
    Reported this via Arlington web pages - someone else also reported it in a slightly different spot (and probably more accurate than mine).

It is possible to go through it. Person ahead of me went over it; heading east, one goes far right then through it; neither are great fi you are wide, tall or heavy. The detour suggested above also good.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trees down on Custis - 24 July

Aside from the aforementioned tree on the Custis behind Lyon Village shopping center, there are two more.

One on the Custis on the westbound part of the trail, just west of the underpass under N. Glebe.

One on the entrance to the Custis from N Calvert street (just east of the spout run overpass). This was I noticed last week too.

I reported all three via the Arlington Co. web pages.

3. Likes chris_s, Erin Potter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone post if the Custis is passible for the evening commute? I plan to use it early tomorrow and want to know if I should plan an alternate route.