Iím new to the forum but have been cycling in the DC area for about 5 years. Formerly as a commuter, but now I mostly try to do a couple leisure rides a week.

Iíve been working on a web app (shyfty.io) for cyclists to report problems in their routes - think surface conditions, trail closures, construction blocking a bike lane, events, or weather (e.g., streets are clear of snow, but trail might be covered or re-freezing).

Long-term, I have some features and functionality in mind to make this a more robust experience. But step one is getting users to input the data. So far the items below are (mostly) functional:
  • Users can report issues with inputs for category, severity, description, and images
  • Issues display on the map
  • Users can upvote, downvote, and comment on issues
  • Currently, the user who added an issue can resolve/remove it, or three downvotes will remove it (still need to think through the best way to make this community driven for timeliness and accuracy)

I'm still in the early stage of testing, getting feedback and iterating. If you get a chance to test it out, I would love any and all feedback, suggestions, or for you to try reporting problems you come across. URL is shyfty.io - mobile version is likely still pretty buggy, but it should be OK in a desktop browser.

Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 2.20.56 PM.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	15113

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 2.21.05 PM.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	6.4 KB 
ID:	15114