Thread: New forum engine?

Post Thanks / Like

Default New forum engine?

Color me confused, but all of the sudden the UI for the forums has changed on me. I'm missing my favorite expressive features such as text formatting (bold, italics, bullet points) and the emoticons (or nihongo de: "emoji.")

I understand a backend facelift/update may be a technical necessity after so many years, but are these missing features the new norm? Something that will be added back in? Or user-side settings we need to toggle on?

Update: Ooooooor my browser decided to discover a mobile version? I clicked a link at the bottom of the page and things are back to normal. I didn;t know there was a mobile version of the forums.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    Color me confused, but all of the sudden the UI for the forums has changed on me. I'm missing my favorite expressive features such as text formatting (bold, italics, bullet points) and the emoticons (or nihongo de: "emoji.")

I understand a backend facelift/update may be a technical necessity after so many years, but are these missing features the new norm? Something that will be added back in? Or user-side settings we need to toggle on?

Update: Ooooooor my browser decided to discover a mobile version? I clicked a link at the bottom of the page and things are back to normal. I didn;t know there was a mobile version of the forums.
    Whew! I moved the BTWD topic to the bottom yesterday and was afraid I had screwed things up. But if you see something that doesn't look right, let me know. I'll be tinkering under the hood off and on over the next few days.

3. Likes dasgeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Whew! I moved the BTWD topic to the bottom yesterday and was afraid I had screwed things up. But if you see something that doesn't look right, let me know. I'll be tinkering under the hood off and on over the next few days.
    OK. So blame Henry for anything that looks wonky. Got it.

5. Likes Steve O, Judd liked this post