Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Unabashed Plug for Son's Band & Free Beer

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Madison Manor
    Posts
    940
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Unabashed Plug for Son's Band & Free Beer

    My son's band, Harry Jay & the Bling, are playing at Jammin' Java in Vienna, VA this Saturday evening. They are part of the Roots, Rhythm & Soul tour with two other bands, and play a cool mix of funk. Doors open at 7:00 and the concert starts at 8:00 (though they won't start until around 9:30 or so).

    I will by a beer for any Forum member who goes and answers a trivial question about the Forum (the more members who show up, the harder the questions).

    More info and ticket purchases can be found here: http://www.jamminjava.com/event/1483...r-2017-vienna/

    Hope to see some of you there!

  2. Likes mikoglaces, CBGanimal, Steve O, Judd liked this post
    ELITE rcannon100 ELITED this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Falls Church VA
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    My son's band, Harry Jay & the Bling, are playing at Jammin' Java in Vienna, VA this Saturday evening. They are part of the Roots, Rhythm & Soul tour with two other bands, and play a cool mix of funk. Doors open at 7:00 and the concert starts at 8:00 (though they won't start until around 9:30 or so).

    I will by a beer for any Forum member who goes and answers a trivial question about the Forum (the more members who show up, the harder the questions).

    More info and ticket purchases can be found here: http://www.jamminjava.com/event/1483...r-2017-vienna/

    Hope to see some of you there!
    Darn I won't be here but enjoyed listening to them in Arlington last year!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Reston, VA
    Posts
    604
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    My son's band, Harry Jay & the Bling, are playing at Jammin' Java in Vienna, VA this Saturday evening. They are part of the Roots, Rhythm & Soul tour with two other bands, and play a cool mix of funk. Doors open at 7:00 and the concert starts at 8:00 (though they won't start until around 9:30 or so).

    I will by a beer for any Forum member who goes and answers a trivial question about the Forum (the more members who show up, the harder the questions).

    More info and ticket purchases can be found here: http://www.jamminjava.com/event/1483...r-2017-vienna/

    Hope to see some of you there!
    I note that under your rules, a correct answer is not required. You only require that the Forum member answer the question, thus, there is no need to ask progressively harder questions.

    Thanks for the free beer!

  5. Likes Steve O liked this post
  6. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    1,649
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sample easy question:

    Which Steve is the Evil Steve?

  7. Dislikes Steve O disliked this post
  8. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    1,649
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    My son's band, Harry Jay & the Bling, are playing at Jammin' Java in Vienna, VA this Saturday evening. They are part of the Roots, Rhythm & Soul tour with two other bands, and play a cool mix of funk. Doors open at 7:00 and the concert starts at 8:00 (though they won't start until around 9:30 or so).

    I will by a beer for any Forum member who goes and answers a trivial question about the Forum (the more members who show up, the harder the questions).

    More info and ticket purchases can be found here: http://www.jamminjava.com/event/1483...r-2017-vienna/

    Hope to see some of you there!

    I will sadly be out of town, but I saw the funky Claeys group at the County Fair last year and thought they were a pretty talented group of youngsters.

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Madison Manor
    Posts
    940
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My son's band is playing again this Sunday night at the Black Cat in DC. If Jammin' Java in Vienna is not hip enough for you, this place will be. Free beer offer still stands. Here is the info: http://www.blackcatdc.com/shows/concept-collective.html

  10. Likes ChampionTier, Judd liked this post
  11. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Reston, VA
    Posts
    604
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What's the order on the billing? Are they playing first?

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Madison Manor
    Posts
    940
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vern View Post
    What's the order on the billing? Are they playing first?
    I believe that they will be second as the main act.

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Madison Manor
    Posts
    940
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    OK, you have one more chance to see my son's band, Harry Jay & the Bling, and its free and there will be bike valet parking! They will be playing at the Arlington County Fair this Saturday at 8:45. Plus, they will be playing on the big outdoor stage. Come for the fried Oreos, stay for the cool funk!

  14. Likes Birru, Steve O, Judd liked this post
    ELITE rcannon100 ELITED this post
  15. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Madison Manor
    Posts
    940
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    OK, you have one more chance to see my son's band, Harry Jay & the Bling, and its free and there will be bike valet parking! They will be playing at the Arlington County Fair this Saturday at 8:45. Plus, they will be playing on the big outdoor stage. Come for the fried Oreos, stay for the cool funk!
    Bumping this up. Who will be there tomorrow night?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •