Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best way to carry coffee on a CaBi?

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking something like this, only easily removable and custom-fit to work with a CaBi and a Dunkie's medium regulah.

Post Thanks / Like

@Justin - good find... I might give that a try. The cup would have to point inward because of the brake lever, but if the mount can be adjusted to barely slide over the end of the CaBi handlebar, it could then be tightened just enough to work.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Thermos Urban Elements flip-top vessel that doesn't leak even if tipped over inside a bag. It'll fit within a bottle cage with some rattling, provided it's secured with a rubber band. (Why are these things always narrower than water bottles?) I've done plenty of CaBi trips with the cup inside a bag inside the rack, but never tried securing just it to the rack.

Most of the time, though, it's not possible to chug hot coffee on the go -- I just fill an insulated water bottle with warm tea and chug that instead.

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Came across this by accident tonight while at Hudson Trail Outfitters:

Topeak's Java Cage

http://www.topeak.com/products/Bottl...modulajavacage

It won't help you on the Cabi bikes but it's an option for the caffeine addicted on their own bikes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Solution

The CaBi is really optimized for carrying bags, and for now I found a messenger bag (similar to this one, with a mesh pocket on the side that is the perfect size to hold a coffee cup. So I buy the coffee, strap the bag securely into the CaBi basket, then insert my coffee cup into the mesh pocket. It's held pretty securely and stays as level as the bike, as long as the bag is adequately strapped in. Since accessibility while riding isn't the point for me, this seems to work.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's another idea. Not necessarily for CaBi specifically though might work. http://t.co/bdmDh5yv

Post Thanks / Like

i have an insulated, leakproof contigo coffee cup that I got at target. I don't ride a CaBi. I take my home brewed coffee with me on my 12 mile commute in my pannier side pocket. The coffee is still hot when I get to work and I've never had a spill. Here's a link so you can look at the products: http://www.gocontigo.com/travel-mugs.html

Post Thanks / Like

I have a little half-sized thermos that holds a little more than a cup and never leaks. Usually I put it in my backpack, but you could probably strap it in the holder. I'm still waiting for custom bags designed just for Bixi racks. I suppose when NYC has them, they'll start to pop up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mllwhnp View Post
    i have an insulated, leakproof contigo coffee cup that I got at target. I don't ride a CaBi. I take my home brewed coffee with me on my 12 mile commute in my pannier side pocket. The coffee is still hot when I get to work and I've never had a spill. Here's a link so you can look at the products: http://www.gocontigo.com/travel-mugs.html
    Thanks, I ordered one -- it would be great to have a travel mug that doesn't leak. Better to get it at Target, though, the shipping is half as much as the mug online.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Chapline View Post
    Thanks, I ordered one -- it would be great to have a travel mug that doesn't leak. Better to get it at Target, though, the shipping is half as much as the mug online.
    Hope it works out for you. Remember to clean the lid carefully - I use a bottle brush. There are some lovely nooks and crannies where things can germinate and solidify. Not so much fun when you're looking forward to a nice cup of coffee and you get something solid...

11. 09-19-2019, 09:23 AM