Likes Likes:  223
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  29
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 134

Thread: Please Stop Asking If I am Okay

  1. #81
    rcannon100's Avatar
    rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Posts
    4,227
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    But are you ok?
    This week - it was 80 degree weather here at home - having attacked a CCT segment - I was sitting in the shade, having a drink, resting, reading stupid social media stuff. I was on a grassy knoll with by bike lying down properly and nothing else remarkable.

    Two different people asked if I had crashed. One dude in a car swerved off the road and onto the shoulder - yelled out the window "SIR ARE YOU OKAY??" At that moment I had my bike up and was putting by gloves back on. I shook my head, hopped on my bike, and took off.

    I dont know. With enough people asking me if I am okay and whether I have crashed..... maybe I should check into a hospital. I mean, maybe Bokonon is trying to tell me something.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Arlington, VA (W&OD MP4.5)
    Posts
    237
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    I was on a grassy knoll
    I'm telling Oliver Stone about this for sure!

  3. #83
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    alexandria
    Posts
    621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Elited because I finally know what Bokonon is. Good reading, for sure!

  4. #84
    rcannon100's Avatar
    rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Posts
    4,227
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by streetsmarts View Post
    Elited because I finally know what Bokonon is. Good reading, for sure!
    Just read Slaughterhouse 5. Am finishing Cat's Cradle.


  5. #85
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    alexandria
    Posts
    621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    Just read Slaughterhouse 5. Am finishing Cat's Cradle.

    Yes!!÷ the footsie thing

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    This week - it was 80 degree weather here at home - having attacked a CCT segment - I was sitting in the shade, having a drink, resting, reading stupid social media stuff. I was on a grassy knoll with by bike lying down properly and nothing else remarkable.

    Two different people asked if I had crashed. One dude in a car swerved off the road and onto the shoulder - yelled out the window "SIR ARE YOU OKAY??" At that moment I had my bike up and was putting by gloves back on. I shook my head, hopped on my bike, and took off.

    I dont know. With enough people asking me if I am okay and whether I have crashed..... maybe I should check into a hospital. I mean, maybe Bokonon is trying to tell me something.
    Well if you saw a cute guy (or gal) stopped with their bike, wouldn’t you want to break the ice too (I mean, if you were single)?
    He (and s/he) gave it their best shot to become your knight in shining [Spandex], only to be spurned. At least give them credit for having good taste.

    My other theory (but I think the above is the correct one) is these two are among the hundreds of silent lurkers on this Forum. They’ve read your thread, they know exactly who you are, and this is their big opportunity to pounce.

  7. #87
    rcannon100's Avatar
    rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Posts
    4,227
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheels&wings View Post
    My other theory (but I think the above is the correct one) is these two are among the hundreds of silent lurkers on this Forum. They’ve read your thread, they know exactly who you are, and this is their big opportunity to pounce.
    There is one troll on this forum who - every time he sees me at a CX race - heckles me "Are you alright Bob!" What a total git.

    As Bertrand Russell said the only thing that will redeem mankind is co-operation. I think we can all appreciate that now.
    Last edited by rcannon100; 04-16-2018 at 07:25 PM.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Falls church
    Posts
    1,314
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    There is one troll on this forum who - every time he sees me at a CX race - heckles me "Are you alright Bob!" What a total git.

    As Bertrand Russell said the only thing that will redeem mankind is co-operation. I think we can all appreciate that now.
    I can assure you that you can count on another "R U O K ? !" troll from now on.

  9. #89
    rcannon100's Avatar
    rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Posts
    4,227
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
    I can assure you that you can count on another "R U O K ? !" troll from now on.
    Yer gonna race CX this year??? No more dat matchbox car crrra stuff???

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Falls church
    Posts
    1,314
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No CX for me. When I splat I don't bounce up off the ground like I used to. Have a cool old restore coming up to keep me mostly out of trouble.

    "R U OK?"

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •