Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Save the date, July 15: Tour de Pharmacy screening/pool party/Climate Ride fundraiser

TwoWheelsDC is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Save the date, July 15: Tour de Pharmacy screening/pool party/Climate Ride fundraiser

Okay, putting out the formal invite. As noted in the other thread, this "event" will consist of a ride from Capitol Hill to Lake Artemesia via the Anacostia trail starting at 3pm (about 25 miles). We'll regroup at my house to cool off in the pool, then I'll grill some combination of chicken/burgers/hot dogs. After sunset, we'll put on HBO's Tour de Pharmacy on the outdoor projector. I will provide food for the main course and a selection of drinks, but people should feel free to bring additional apps/snacks/sides/drinks. My house has plenty of enclosed (but not covered) room for bike parking in the backyard, so you can leave the lock at home.

The one change to the plan from the other thread is that I'm *suggesting* a donation of $10 from those who stay for the party, which will go to Kitty's Climate Ride fundraising efforts. I will let someone else handle the money though, and donations will be on the honor system...but if I find out you didn't donate I'll hunt you down and deflate your tires at a time when it'd be really inconvenient.

Please RSVP to this thread so I have an idea of how many people will be coming. If the weather is shitty, I will do my best to reschedule.

Date: 15 July
    Time: 3pm - whenever people drag themselves out of the pool to ride home
    Cost: Suggested donation of $10, all of which will go to Kitty's Climate Ride fund

**Don't forget**

-bathing suit
    -towel
    -lights
    Last edited by TwoWheelsDC; 07-16-2017 at 07:21 PM.

Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Name:  imin.JPG
Views: 211
Size:  12.7 KB

3. Likes kwarkentien, TwoWheelsDC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there!!!

5. Likes kwarkentien, TwoWheelsDC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there. Thanks for hosting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes kwarkentien, TwoWheelsDC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am 75% in. Will know a little closer to the date.

Thanks for hosting!

9. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Count me in, and thanks for hosting! TwoWheelsDC, any preferences when it comes to baked goods? If not, I'll plan to bring some homemade cheese twists and salty oatmeal cookies.

11. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    TwoWheelsDC is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    Count me in, and thanks for hosting! TwoWheelsDC, any preferences when it comes to baked goods? If not, I'll plan to bring some homemade cheese twists and salty oatmeal cookies.
    I just so happen to prefer homemade cheese twists and salty oatmeal cookies!

13. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to be there, but can't confirm till the week of.

15. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much TwoWheels! This is going to be great! (And a heckuvalot more fun than begging.) I can collect the money so I can deposit it into the till directly.

As for the food, I'll bring a side or dessert dependent on what you need as of a week before. I'm assuming we'll be starting from you place so I don't have to ride to the lake with a cake or anything?

17. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    Thank you so much TwoWheels! This is going to be great! (And a heckuvalot more fun than begging.) I can collect the money so I can deposit it into the till directly.

As for the food, I'll bring a side or dessert dependent on what you need as of a week before. I'm assuming we'll be starting from you place so I don't have to ride to the lake with a cake or anything?
    We'll start at my place so everyone can drop off food/bags/bathing suits before we roll.

19. Likes kwarkentien, streetsmarts liked this post