Thread: Bike to Work Day 2017 Video

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bike to Work Day 2017 Video

Just in time for the rainy afternoon weather, I have finished my video for Bike to Work Day 2017!

I ran into more than a few familiar forumite faces franticly foraging for frequent free foods from, um, uh, each place (ran out of words, and squagel doesn't start with an "F"), and hopefully I was able to get everyone in there (even if very briefly).

This shows my tour of Alexandria, Arlington, DC, and Arlington (again) visiting Del Ray, Shirlington, Crystal City, Georgetown Waterfront Park, Rosslyn, Ballston, work (to ensure the W in BTWD is there), and New District Brewing Co (afternoon).

Thanks to all the orgs, sponsors, and folks who volunteered to put this awesome day (Bike Christmas) together; it was a lot of fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Great video Bobco. I for reals LOLd at the shot of the cars not enjoying BTWD.

I also liked that you highlighted all of the cycling infrastructure that you used, especially the Wayne F. Anderson Bikeway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, as always! Nice video. Hypnothizing!

5. Likes bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fun video. It was great to see some of the other pit stops in the area. I now see there are other stops that must be on my radar for next year.

7. Likes bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice job! Enjoyed it! Good length.

9. Likes bobco85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you guys liked it!

P.S. the shot from the Seminary Rd pedestrian bridge was originally supposed to be of the sunrise, but I discovered when playing it back that I was really showing footage of cars driving on the interstate for a BTWD video. I threw that line in there to make it fit.

P.P.S. I had no idea the 2 people at 5:26 in the video were smiling and waving at the camera until I reviewed the footage. I was very amused by it, so I decided to add that line that they were on point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post

P.P.S. I had no idea the 2 people at 5:26 in the video were smiling and waving at the camera until I reviewed the footage. I was very amused by it, so I decided to add that line that they were on point.
    I love finding those nuggets when reviewing footage - it happens all the time at my regular job.

12. Likes bobco85 liked this post