Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tour de Pharmacy viewing party?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tour de Pharmacy viewing party?

HBO is putting out a cycling mockumentary starring Andy Samberg, Will Forte, and other lots of funny people on July 8 at 10pm. I was wondering if anyone was interested in co-hosting a viewing party. I don't have a TV, but if you provide the venue & HBO, I could provide the snacks & beverages. Anyone want to partner up?

Thanks,

Sarah Bee

2. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be happy if it's roughly as good as 7 Days in Hell (Samberg's tennis mockumentary). It wasn't mind-alteringly funny, but was overall pretty hilarious.

To the point of the thread, I will be passed out from exhaustion on the top of a mountain in WV on the evening of July 8, so I cannot help with this particular event...
    Last edited by TwoWheelsDC; 05-23-2017 at 01:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Road Bike Review has a little snippet about it, along with a promo video that contains promising humor levels.

http://www.roadbikereview.com/review...use-in-cycling

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting to see if Lance is really in it, or was just part of the promo.

Post Thanks / Like

If people are willing to come out to S. Alexandria I am happy to host. I'm not far from the MVT using the Tulane crossing. I have a giant (60 inch or bigger--it's huge) tv, plenty of space, and an existing HBO subscription. BUT we'd have to pick a different day since I'm gone July 8. Maybe a weekend or two after (July 15th or something). I can DVR it or use HBO go I'm sure.

If someone has an easier location for people to meet, I have no problem going elsewhere though

7. Likes Judd liked this post
    Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm keen on Emm's giant TV, but I also like the idea of seeing it at the actual release time. Either way, count me in. I'll bring food and/or drink, and I'll convoy home afterward with anyone going my way.

Post Thanks / Like

So... I just realized this is the same day as GRUSK. I might be OK with DVR at a later date.
    Last edited by Birru; 05-23-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Birru View Post
    So... I just realized this is the same day as GRUSK. I might be OK with DVR at a later date.
    I'm likely also doing GRUSK, cause apparently my friends are doing it and I'm desperate to fit in.

11. ELITE Sunyata ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I'm likely also doing GRUSK, cause apparently my friends are doing it and I'm desperate to fit in.
    Is there room for one more bike on your rack? Asking for a friend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    If people are willing to come out to S. Alexandria I am happy to host. I'm not far from the MVT using the Tulane crossing. I have a giant (60 inch or bigger--it's huge) tv, plenty of space, and an existing HBO subscription. BUT we'd have to pick a different day since I'm gone July 8. Maybe a weekend or two after (July 15th or something). I can DVR it or use HBO go I'm sure.
    I'll also be gone July 8 (not for GRUSK, to be clear). But I'd be happy to bring food, drinks, or baked goods of the host's choice if the viewing party is scheduled for a later weekend.

14. Likes CBGanimal liked this post