Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bike to Work Day Morning Pit Stops

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    Steve O ...? I think he has them going back to 2000. Even more impressive: he knows where they are!
    Steve O had them on display at the Ballston pit stop this morning. It's cool, counting back the years with each color!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    Steve O had them on display at the Ballston pit stop this morning. It's cool, counting back the years with each color!
    Aha, was wondering after the fact if that was him / his shirts. I commented to him (he was manning the t-shirt table, of course) that I was rocking my 2007 BTWD shirt to celebrate 10 years of this stuff, and he casually waved a hand over the collected mass of history that is his BTWD shirt collection. All wrapped in plastic, of course. Guess I have more work to do in order to catch up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Meatmotor View Post
    NOMA was disappointing. Warm cold-brew coffee (no ice yet), no food (at 7:45am...), and the registration list was by order of registration. Not alphabetical. I mean, I'm not trying to sound too grumpy, so kudos to everybody for helping out, and better luck next year I guess. I didn't want to hang out past 8am if there wasn't any food or drink. REI was there, but no freebies. Nando's was giving away free bottles of Peri-Peri sauce 'cause obviously I can use that while bike commuting. At least it wasn't raining.
    It sounds like they just weren't quite ready yet when you got there. I rolled up just after 8, and by that point they had cold cans of the La Colombe draft lattes (in a bucket of ice), a tray of muffins/crossiants, REI handing out stickers and water bottles, Moe's handing out bags of chips and guac (for folks to take to work for lunch?), plus the Nando's freebies (in addition to the hot sauce, they had coupons for a free lunch, a little container of roasted nuts, and all of it was packed in a helmet cover). Definitely seemed a few notches lower than last year's festivities.

4. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bottle.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	14812Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t-shirts.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	14813

I am quite certain I participated in at least 1-2 BTWDs in the 90's but I have no physical evidence. My oldest shirt is 2002.
    Last edited by Steve O; 05-19-2017 at 11:01 PM.

6. Likes bobco85, streetsmarts, wheels&wings liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Meatmotor View Post
    Nando's was giving away free bottles of Peri-Peri sauce 'cause obviously I can use that while bike commuting. At least it wasn't raining.
    Sauce: duh, squirt that at chasing dogs.
    Rain: I like what rain does for my BTWD raffle odds.

8. Likes streetsmarts liked this post