Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: L! G! A! - Wednesday C&O Gravel Rides

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be on my gravel bike which loves to shenanigate but with the heat don't expect much more than a brisk party pace from me unless the canal is significantly cooler.

I don't play well in the heat.

(Judd, see you at bike racks, possibly with Jason if he can make it on time)

2. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    I'll be on my gravel bike which loves to shenanigate but with the heat don't expect much more than a brisk party pace from me unless the canal is significantly cooler.

I don't play well in the heat.

(Judd, see you at bike racks, possibly with Jason if he can make it on time)
    Slept at 5am, started work again at 9am, so I have an awesome headache. Smack me if I act a fool.

4. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Komorebi did a reconnaissance ride on the C&O last night. The report was that there is a huge amount of cube that needs to be gleamed tonight.

6. Likes streetsmarts, LeprosyStudyGroup liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to shoot to be at the intersection of Chain Bridge and gravel at least by 6:30. Not sure if that's early enough, but if I miss folks, I'll try to catch up, assuming I can figure out whether I missed folks or am ahead of folks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    I'm going to shoot to be at the intersection of Chain Bridge and gravel at least by 6:30. Not sure if that's early enough, but if I miss folks, I'll try to catch up, assuming I can figure out whether I missed folks or am ahead of folks.
    I think 6:30 might be about right. I'll shoot you a text when we get to Chain Bridge if you're not there so you'll know how fast you need to pedal.

9. Likes huskerdont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

11. Likes streetsmarts, bobco85, Sunyata, Birru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone on for tonight? I didn't see the official email from Steve this morning, but I'd like to go (ir)regardless... if it's not raining.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    Anyone on for tonight? I didn't see the official email from Steve this morning, but I'd like to go (ir)regardless... if it's not raining.
    Steve canceled the ride because he said the canal's probably wet and muddy. I'm not motivated enough to get to the start in time so I'm dropping out also. Cheers!

TwoWheelsDC is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    Steve canceled the ride because he said the canal's probably wet and muddy. I'm not motivated enough to get to the start in time so I'm dropping out also. Cheers!
    It is muddy AF today. Almost more water than solid surface (at least between Gtown and Chain Bridge).

15. Likes Judd, drevil liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    It is muddy AF today. Almost more water than solid surface (at least between Gtown and Chain Bridge).
    Thanks for the update. I've never done it, but from VVill's pics, it could be good Hilly Billy Roubaix practice?

17. Likes hozn liked this post