Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: May 2017 Trail and Road Conditions

Post Thanks / Like

Is the trail along S Washington Blvd between Boundary Channel Drive to the Pentagon 9/11 Memorial open? I need to get from dowtown to the AF Memorial this afternoon; I know there's ongoing construction in the area, but I haven't been that way in awhile. Wanted to be sure it's passable or if I should take an alternate route.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AFHokie View Post
    Is the trail along S Washington Blvd between Boundary Channel Drive to the Pentagon 9/11 Memorial open? I need to get from dowtown to the AF Memorial this afternoon; I know there's ongoing construction in the area, but I haven't been that way in awhile. Wanted to be sure it's passable or if I should take an alternate route.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
    Yeah there is a detour on the bridge they have been working on that is separated from the traffic lane by big fences

*going the long way around the pentagon parking lots isnt all that unpleasant anyways

Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned up two broken Miller High Life bottles on the bridges just north of the Crystal City Connector on the MVT trail on the way back from the DC Ride.

Note to the assholes that broke the bottles - there is beer which is actually better than Miller and is packaged in cans. Please switch!

4. Likes LeprosyStudyGroup liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbb View Post
    Cleaned up two broken Miller High Life bottles on the bridges just north of the Crystal City Connector on the MVT trail on the way back from the DC Ride.
    Thank you!! I noticed the glass along the side this morning as I went to CC to check in for bike to work week and wondered how someone could have broken bottles right there and not in the middle of the trail.

6. Likes Emm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last week seemed to be "spike beer bottles on sidewalks week" there's a couple more spots along my route in alexandria, including whats left of a whole 24 pack of empty Heineken bottles I'm gonna have to go sweep up when I get a chance cause it seems nobody else will.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeprosyStudyGroup View Post
    Last week seemed to be "spike beer bottles on sidewalks week" there's a couple more spots along my route in alexandria, including whats left of a whole 24 pack of empty Heineken bottles I'm gonna have to go sweep up when I get a chance cause it seems nobody else will.
    If you put in a call, click, connect note they usually will clean it up if it's a public sidewalk... sometimes really fast, sometimes though it takes a few weeks :-/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    If you put in a call, click, connect note they usually will clean it up if it's a public sidewalk... sometimes really fast, sometimes though it takes a few weeks :-/
    Send a picture of the spot, too. I also tweet at the city with the Call.Click.Connect report number (social pressure) and have gotten better results with it.

Post Thanks / Like

(Arlington, VA) - The W&OD Trail and Four Mile Run Dr are both closed between Columbia Pike and George Mason Drive due to a fallen tree that hit the power lines and caused a brush fire. It was reported on ArlNow: https://www.arlnow.com/2017/05/15/br...ile-run-drive/

Pics from the article:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brush fire 1.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	14762Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brush fire 2.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	14763Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brush fire 3.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	14764

I'll post an update if things clear up by this evening, but in the meantime, you can use Four Mile Run Trail as a detour as shown here: https://goo.gl/maps/CqRUHZV2FrS2

11. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    (Arlington, VA) - The W&OD Trail and Four Mile Run Dr are both closed between Columbia Pike and George Mason Drive due to a fallen tree that hit the power lines and caused a brush fire. It was reported on ArlNow: https://www.arlnow.com/2017/05/15/br...ile-run-drive/

Pics from the article:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brush fire 1.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	14762Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brush fire 2.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	14763Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brush fire 3.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	14764

I'll post an update if things clear up by this evening, but in the meantime, you can use Four Mile Run Trail as a detour as shown here: https://goo.gl/maps/CqRUHZV2FrS2
    It's the new invasive plant management strategy.

13. ELITE Sunyata, bobco85 ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    It's the new invasive plant management strategy.
    Cause not everybody can afford a bush hog.

15. Likes bobco85 liked this post