Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "No to Railroad Cottages" signs along W&OD in Falls Church

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
    Interesting thread. I admit am open to new formats that don't have negative or unusual impacts on those already in the area. One thing that came to me. Around the corner from my house was a radio station and 4 antennas on a good sized parcel of prop. It sold and they built 28 houses on the prop. To the best of my knowledge there was little hand wringing when the land was developed into many standard oversize houses that is being built now.
    The access to the development is via a single side street off of Orland off of Powhatan. Those streets are similar to Railroad ave but will now see a traffic increase from the 28 additional houses and all that goes with them. No direct access to trails or rails. I think at times we adjust our sensitivities to what we are used to.
    Used to take the dog to that field. Miss it. We are losing a lot of open, infill space around here, whatever one's opinion on that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    Used to take the dog to that field. Miss it. We are losing a lot of open, infill space around here, whatever one's opinion on that.
    I don't think that was an open space. It was owned by a family who had several RVs on the property and fixed small motors. I suspect it was always private property, just a little more rural than we are used to seeing in the City. Linky.

By the way, last night on my way home, between fat raindrops and literally wiping the pollen from my eyes, I saw several folks with t-shirts and flyers walking around that land. It looks like there are cones out to represent something (where the homes will be?) and they had littered the area with signs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford10 View Post
    I don't think that was an open space. It was owned by a family who had several RVs on the property and fixed small motors. I suspect it was always private property, just a little more rural than we are used to seeing in the City. Linky.

By the way, last night on my way home, between fat raindrops and literally wiping the pollen from my eyes, I saw several folks with t-shirts and flyers walking around that land. It looks like there are cones out to represent something (where the homes will be?) and they had littered the area with signs.
    Right, I meant to plot off Powhatan that Vicegrip mentioned. I don't know if that was public space either, but folks in the neighborhood used it. It was a bit of an anachronism as well.

4. Likes Rockford10 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford10 View Post
    Was it around 7:00? I think that's when they had a walking tour meeting scheduled.

6. Likes ginacico liked this post