Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bicycle Work Stand deal

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bicycle Work Stand deal

I got a tip from Bike Forums, and I just picked up a work stand from Aldi, the grocery store chain. It's apparently gotten some pretty good reviews. It's no park stand, but for $30 it only has to last 1/6th as long.

I walked into a store yesterday and thought, no way is there anything other than food in here, and left. Then I took the virtual tour and discovered that yes, actually, the center aisle has all the "deals". I think it's on for another week - they stock what they think they can sell in a week, then clear it for another item. Maybe after next week they'll be discounted in the back corner.

https://www.aldi.us/en/weekly-specia...-work-stand-1/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	csm_042617_94556_BikeWorkStand_D_8a2c4d7291.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	14666

2. Likes bobco85 liked this post
    KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a park stand and my biggest gripe about it is how unstable it is. It has three legs and has a tendency to tip towards the bike side due to the weight imbalance. The one pictured above looks like it wouldn't have that problem though one will have to be mindful not to trip on the legs.
    Last edited by KLizotte; 04-28-2017 at 09:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KLizotte View Post
    one will have to be mindful not to trip on the legs.
    Yeah, I think that's the biggest complaint. It's not for people who will be spending all day around it working on bikes. I envision setting this up in the alley outside the garage so I have plenty of space to walk around.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip I'll have to check out the aldi near me on the way home, getting a collapsible stand has been on my -these things are too expensive for how often I'd use them- list for a long time.

6. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KLizotte View Post
    I have a park stand and my biggest gripe about it is how unstable it is. It has three legs and has a tendency to want to tip towards the side with the bike on it due to the weight imbalance. The one pictured above looks like it wouldn't have that problem though one will have to be mindful not to trip on the legs.
    If I have a particularly heavy bike on my three-legged Feedback workstand, I'll position the clamp directly above one of the legs to prevent what you describe above. I just have to mind the leg jutting out when I'm maneuvering around. Is this possible on your Park, and have you already tried it... or is this me right now?

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

^^ That's a good idea. I'll have to check the next time I use the stand.

Post Thanks / Like

No stands at the del Ray Aldi which may be for the best because I didn't think too hard on how I'd get it that last mile or two home

Post Thanks / Like

There were probably a dozen in Cheverly, out 50... it's a drive for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

ohh I'll have to check out the Route 1 Aldi by my house on my way home today. Maybe they'll have one left. Thanks for the tip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeprosyStudyGroup View Post
    No stands at the del Ray Aldi which may be for the best because I didn't think too hard on how I'd get it that last mile or two home
    I saw SteveO haul a unicycle on his rack and climb steep hills like a mountain goat. I'm sure you'd figure something out.