Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Habanero ti 'cross/gravel/touring frameset + extras

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    :-) . It was just a nice confluence of fitness and a thin field. The horse would be happy to be ridden and not sit in my basement!

P.S. I'm dropping the forum price to $500 in case that helps :-) . It'd be a fun project!
    I'm at N+1 = 7 right now and absolutely must sell one before I can do anything. Then I'd also have to sell my current gravel bike, and my SO isn't going to understand that since it's pretty new. "But just look at it!" would be my only defense. It would be a definite upgrade to the Masi.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Judd is indeed interested as long as he can hop on it and make sure that the frame feels before all the parts that make the bike move are stripped off. Will PM.
    I'm both jealous and relieved that I'm too short to fit this frame. I've never ridden Ti, and if you get the Hab I'll be very curious about your thoughts on the ride of that Ti frame vs your aluminum and carbon machines. What are your tentative plans for the N+1?

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    Oh, interesting. For GB he dremeled down the freehub body on some Hope Pro2 Evo hubs (same hubs). So I know it can be done, but I've been happy sticking with 10sp for now on this bike.
    I'd probably stick to 10-speed, maybe Tiagra with an 11-34. But for 11-speed conversion I'm more familiar with the idea of modifying the cassette, as seen in this video (jump to 3:04):

3. Likes hozn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Birru View Post
    What are your tentative plans for the N+1?

Tassles. Lots of tassles. And shredding some gnar. I will likely shred all the gnar.

5. Likes Sunyata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tassles. Lots of tassles. And shredding some gnar. I will likely shred all the gnar.
    But, more seriously, the fun in building a bike is doing all of the reading/researching. Round these parts, you can usually just post, "I'm building a bike" and then let the techies discuss hundreds of possibilities.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sold

I'll take it.

I'm buying it out of general principle. And I rode home with Ian who said he'd never speak to me again if I didn't buy it.

8. Likes jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anomad View Post
    I'll take it.

I'm buying it out of general principle. And I rode home with Ian who said he'd never speak to me again if I didn't buy it.
    We are probably going to have to bike joust over this sweet piece of bike and I've been training.

10. Likes LeprosyStudyGroup liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

PLEASE BUY IT!

Jokes aside, I didn't catch your post. You clearly have first dibs. And, hozn deserves a pound of my finest home roasted coffee for being a gentlemen of extraordinary deals (if he's at all into coffee).

We are probably going to have to bike joust over this sweet piece of bike and I've been training.

12. Likes LeprosyStudyGroup, hozn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll take it.

Whoah!!! I don't know if I said that! I just had forgotten you were also freakishly tall like Judd! When you stepped off your bike yesterday to help me out out a lightbulb went off! Plus you mentioned you had no bikes made out of titanium YET!

14. Likes hozn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I might have embellished your comments to bolster my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by ian74 View Post
    Whoah!!! I don't know if I said that! I just had forgotten you were also freakishly tall like Judd! When you stepped off your bike yesterday to help me out out a lightbulb went off! Plus you mentioned you had no bikes made out of titanium YET!

Post Thanks / Like

I might have embellished your comments to bolster my motivation
    It sounded like something Ian would say. Bonus points for believability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Likes Steve O liked this post