Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arlington Bicycle Advisory Commitee (Arlington BAC) Information

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arlington Bicycle Advisory Commitee (Arlington BAC) Information

For more information on the Arlington Bicycle Advisory Committee, please visit the BikeArlington Get Involved page.

Post Thanks / Like

Meeting minutes are available on the BAC web page.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris_s View Post
    Thank you. I just looked there and I see where they would likely list and link the minutes, including what looks like expansion arrows, but nothing is there that one can click. I checked on Firefox and Chrome (recent but not absolute latest versions) and found the same thing. So, is it "in process" or is something currently broken?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    Thank you. I just looked there and I see where they would likely list and link the minutes, including what looks like expansion arrows, but nothing is there that one can click. I checked on Firefox and Chrome (recent but not absolute latest versions) and found the same thing. So, is it "in process" or is something currently broken?
    Clicking the expansion arrow makes that year's worth of minutes appear for me.

Post Thanks / Like

True, but who knows when new meeting minutes get posted? Since Arlington BAC seems to be the only bicycle advisory committee in the area that cannot spare the time to post on the forum when new minutes are available, the public needs to repeatedly visit the BAC web page to see if any new minutes are posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    True, but who knows when new meeting minutes get posted?
    Everyone who has joined the BAC Google Group, which is not limited to BAC members.

So someone who cares passionately about Arlington BAC meeting minutes being posted to the forum could subscribe to the BAC Google Group and then when a set of meeting minutes get finalized, they could post them to the forum. They wouldn't even have to sit through any boring meetings.

Post Thanks / Like

Clicking the expansion arrow makes that year's worth of minutes appear for me.
    Hmm, that works for me now, but wasn't at the time I wrote the message. Really. I did try. I still do not get a change to the cursor when hovering over the arrows. Anyway, I can expand them now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    Hmm, that works for me now, but wasn't at the time I wrote the message. Really. I did try. I still do not get a change to the cursor when hovering over the arrows. Anyway, I can expand them now.
    I agree that it's not terribly intuitive.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone who has joined the BAC Google Group, which is not limited to BAC members.

So someone who cares passionately about Arlington BAC meeting minutes being posted to the forum could subscribe to the BAC Google Group and then when a set of meeting minutes get finalized, they could post them to the forum. They wouldn't even have to sit through any boring meetings.
    Also true, but I continue to be amazed about how intransigent Arlington BAC is about easily getting better community participation. In my opinion, I do not think that this reflects well on Arlington BAC. Anyhow, realizing that minds will not be changed, I've stopped raising this issue on my own initiative and am just giving positive feedback to those similar committees that do let the forum know when their minutes are available. If that bothers Arlington BAC, well that is Arlington BAC's problem, not mine.

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    Also true, but I continue to be amazed about how intransigent Arlington BAC is about easily getting better community participation. In my opinion, I do not think that this reflects well on Arlington BAC. Anyhow, realizing that minds will not be changed, I've stopped raising this issue on my own initiative and am just giving positive feedback to those similar committees that do let the forum know when their minutes are available. If that bothers Arlington BAC, well that is Arlington BAC's problem, not mine.

Clearly the difference is that BAC is a cyclists' group, while BPAC does Bicycling and Pedestrian advocacy, and this is, er, cough, a pedestrian issue.