Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let's Bike the Purple Line! (No Drop Ride)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    Find someone who does Team in Training. The leukemia and lymphomas society's color is purple, so most of the team kits are purple. I just got a lovely purple jersey from a friend who rides on a team. Unfortunately, I'm out of town so I cant make this weekend's ride to show it off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Methinks y'all aren't being creative enough

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bobbarney.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	14632

I do have a lot of purple bike clothing, including lycra, which I'd totes rock if I was going. Instead, we're going to the March for Science tomorrow. Have fun!
    Last edited by drevil; 04-21-2017 at 01:12 PM.

2. Likes LhasaCM, Emm, streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post

I do have a lot of purple bike clothing, including lycra, which I'd totes rock if I was going. Instead, we're going to the March for Science tomorrow. Have fun!
    I can't pull off either of those looks, and I don't think anyone wants me wearing any lycra...
    Last edited by LhasaCM; 04-21-2017 at 02:22 PM. Reason: too much might not be a bad thing - it's ANY lycra that would be scary...

4. Likes bobco85 liked this post
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh that reminds me, my balaclava. But I don't think I will wear that tomorrow.

6. Likes bobco85, LhasaCM, streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone needs to screencap and bookmark this post as a reminder that drevil will need to dress like Barney in a future group ride/race where MANY pictures will be taken

Also, I'd say that we're going to bike circles around you, but I know that many scientists at the march would correct that to convex polygons.
    Last edited by bobco85; 04-21-2017 at 03:38 PM.

8. Likes Bob James, streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    Everyone needs to screencap and bookmark this post as a reminder that drevil will need to dress like Barney in a future group ride/race where MANY pictures will be taken
    Haha! Already done, but can't find a pic. The problem was the outfit was made for a 3 year old, and on an adult it was very kid-inappropriate

If I can find another, I'll wear it for your next purple line ride, but I'm not sure if you really want that!

10. Likes bobco85, LhasaCM, streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be there tomorrow morning. I have purple socks and partly purple jersey. I will not be wearing a barney costume.

Thanks for organizing Bobco.

*changed mind. Can't work up the courage to be in the rain with 50F temps for 12-14 hours.**
    Last edited by Bob James; 04-21-2017 at 08:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Purple Line Pics

It was a wet ride, but in the end, 5 of us brave and purple-clad folks rode the route that the Purple Line will take if/when/hopefully/maybe/definitely it is built. My feet officially stopped being wrinkled sometime Saturday night. Bad ass points and my thanks go out to Judd, komorebi, LhasaCM, & lordofthemark for joining me on this tour of all things purple!

Also, LhasaCM was the best-dressed as he had more purple on than even myself (and purple is my favorite color!).

(left) Selfie at the start; (right) a generous passerby saw me struggling to get the earlier photo and offered to take this pic (many thanks!)

Name:	purpleLine1.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	14633

(left) we stopped at Bobby's Burger Palace in College Park (New Mexico burger with queso sauce, green chiles, and pickled red onions was delicious, and I loved their chipotle ketchup); (right) group pic after we completed the Purple Line route at New Carrollton

Name:	purpleLine2.jpg 
Size:	110.3 KB 
ID:	14634

(left) on the way back, we stopped at the East Boundary Stone where I was surprised to see the metal fencing gone; (right) you can tell the part of my leg that was protected by my sock from the road spray

Name:	purpleLine3.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	14635

While riding with Judd across 14th Street Bridge, I saw a couple of flashing emergency lights on the VA side of the river on the GWMP with an ambulance having headed SB, so I went to check it out and saw this. Note the missing chunk of the grey car's right hood.

Name:	purpleLine4.jpg 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	14636

For the next Metro-themed ride I want to lead, I'm thinking something a little more on the VA side of things probably in June (I first need to ride the route again to figure out needed adjustments). I'm feeling a little... silver-y about it