Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here's a power tool you don't need

Post Thanks / Like

I will probably get one, but only because I've gotten caught at the airport with flat tires after a 2 week vacation with the fams. The plug-in kind will blow a car fuse in a jiffy.
    Last edited by Crickey7; 04-11-2017 at 08:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

It would be super handy for topping off car tires too. I always keep my cars topped off to around 40psi for best fuel economy. The bike van gets even more when its full.

Quote Originally Posted by Crickey7 View Post
    I will probably get one, but only because I've gotten caught at the airport with flat tires after a 2 week vacation with the fams. The plug-in kind will blow a car fuse in a jiffy.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always scoffed at power pumps because they can blow up tires if you don't carefully watch the pressure (don't ask me how I know) but some power pumps now have a way to set the pressure you want and automatically shut off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baiskeli View Post
    I've always scoffed at power pumps because they can blow up tires if you don't carefully watch the pressure (don't ask me how I know) but some power pumps now have a way to set the pressure you want and automatically shut off.
    No danger blowing anything up with this inflator. It isn't at all like hitting it with a 150psi air compressor with a decent reservoir. I have spent more time with it now and it struggles as the pressure rises. With the built in gauge you'd have to be pretty dense to overfill something.

That said, I scoff at its ridiculousness. However, I am still seeking out any under inflated thing I can find to use it one. Anything in my sphere of influence that holds air is currently fully inflated.*

*Politicians are not in my sphere of influence and my inflator has no temperature effect.

5. Likes ShawnoftheDread, DanB liked this post
    mstone is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anomad View Post
    my inflator has no temperature effect.
    I call physics!

7. Likes DanB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mstone View Post
    I call physics!
    Total BTUs same but sensible temp goes up!

Post Thanks / Like

I was trying to make a little joke about politicians being full of hot air, but it came out a little too obscure. Could have been the sunburn and/or the red wine.

Anyway, you're right. Not getting around Boyle's Law. I'll try using it in a vacuum next time I am in outer space and let you know the results.

Quote Originally Posted by mstone View Post
    I call physics!

Post Thanks / Like

Update on the tool you don't need. I've used this little guy to inflate everything from airbags on a pickup to tractor tires to tiny hand truck tires. It really saved my bacon in the car when I ran over a nail...spare tire was flat. I even bought one for my dad.

I put a replacement pump head on it from a floor pump to make switching between presta and schrader easy.

11. Likes Crickey7 liked this post