Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's a power tool you don't need

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here's a power tool you don't need

I was watching Scheldeprijs and Roubaix videos this weekend and in one of them saw a team mechanic using a battery powered pump. I immediately went down to Home Depot and got one. 20 bucks, comes with a plastic presta adapter. The gauge goes up to 150psi but I think it would be a struggle. I topped off everything, its awesome. But I will probably cut off the provided head and splice in a decent one that works with anything.

Funny thing is, I enjoy the "exercise" of a floor pump and reject the concept of many power tools (including this one) as useless non-sustainable crap we don't need... How will I live with my hypocritical self?

jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no such thing as a bike tool that you don't need.

3. Likes Tania, dbb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    There is no such thing as a power tool that you don't need.
    Ftfy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

The slippery slope to an e-bike then a motorcycle then a car.....

Don't do it man!

6. Likes huskerdont, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going to make some crack about that leading to having arms like Andy Schleck. Pumping up tires is about the only triceps work some cyclists get.

8. Likes anomad, KLizotte, Birru, streetsmarts liked this post
    TwoWheelsDC is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

My tires take like 5 pumps each once a week...I think it'd be more effort to get this thing out, plug it in, pump to correct pressure, unplug it, and put it away.

10. Likes KLizotte liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    I was going to make some crack about that leading to having arms like Andy Schleck. Pumping up tires is about the only triceps work some cyclists get.
    I'll have you know my noodle arms are aero.

12. Likes Sunyata, jrenaut, huskerdont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It takes the Ryobi 18 volt batteries. If I didn't already have all that gear it would make even less sense than it already does!

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    My tires take like 5 pumps each once a week...I think it'd be more effort to get this thing out, plug it in, pump to correct pressure, unplug it, and put it away.

Post Thanks / Like

Tell me about it! What have I become???

I love motorcycling almost as much as acoustic motorcycling, but I am scared to death to ride here with all the traffic and need to get rid of it. I've helped many cyclists out of a jam out in the sticks when I was on a motorcycle. They are always bewildered to find I am packing bike tools, which work equally well on a moto. Having extra snacks and drinks always makes riders far from the nearest 7-11 happy too. I gave a couple beers to two international cycling tourists in the Owyhee Desert once. They were beyond grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by KLizotte View Post
    The slippery slope to an e-bike then a motorcycle then a car.....

Don't do it man!

15. Likes drevil, huskerdont, ginacico, KLizotte liked this post
    KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anomad View Post
    I love motorcycling almost as much as acoustic motorcycling, but I am scared to death to ride here with all the traffic and need to get rid of it. I've helped many cyclists out of a jam out in the sticks when I was on a motorcycle. They are always bewildered to find I am packing bike tools, which work equally well on a moto. Having extra snacks and drinks always makes riders far from the nearest 7-11 happy too. I gave a couple beers to two international cycling tourists in the Owyhee Desert once. They were beyond grateful.
    I don't suppose I could convince you to follow me around everywhere on your motorcycle? I could pay you in beer.

17. Likes huskerdont liked this post