Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: National Bike Challenge - Washington Area All Stars team

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up National Bike Challenge - Washington Area All Stars team

Washington Area All Stars is now an official 2017 National Bike Challenge team! To join (assuming you live in or near DC, or bike commute into DC):

* Join the National Bike Challenge at https://nationalbikechallenge.org.
    * Join the Washington Area All Stars Strava club at https://www.strava.com/clubs/69668.

You'll need to do this even if you were a member last year, because they wiped all the existing teams. And unlike last year, you must be a member of the Strava club in order to be part of the team.

Post Thanks / Like

There's someone that rides more than Bob James?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WAAS.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	14552

3. Likes Bob James, ewilliams0305, chris_s liked this post
    Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting, it looks like they didn't totally wipe things out because I didn't do anything and am showing up on the team and leader boards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    Interesting, it looks like they didn't totally wipe things out because I didn't do anything and am showing up on the team and leader boards.
    They did wipe the team out. But they had us import the Strava group (which has far fewer members). So because you were already in the Strava group, you automatically became part of the team when you registered for the NBC.

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    They did wipe the team out. But they had us import the Strava group (which has far fewer members). So because you were already in the Strava group, you automatically became part of the team when you registered for the NBC.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Just a reminder, only 18 days until the National Bike Challenge starts. Washington Area All Stars had several hundred members last year, but so far, only 68 this year. If you haven't signed up yet this year, please:

* Join the National Bike Challenge at https://nationalbikechallenge.org.
    * If you haven't done so already, join the Washington Area All Stars Strava club at https://www.strava.com/clubs/69668.

Note that this year, joining the team happens on Strava, rather than on the NBC site.

8. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Taking up a collection

I'm taking up a collection for the "Bob James Relocation to a Different State Fund." For far too long Bob James had to suffer the indignities of living in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Let's relocate him to somewhere nice like Florida or Arizona.

I, of course, have absolutely no self interest in Bob moving to a different state. I just want him to be comfortable as he prepares for retirement:

Name:	VA-Leaderboard.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	14889

10. Likes Birru liked this post
    ELITE wheels&wings ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Think Internationally

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I'm taking up a collection for the "Bob James Relocation to a Different State Fund." For far too long Bob James had to suffer the indignities of living in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Let's relocate him to somewhere nice like Florida or Arizona. I, of course, have absolutely no self interest in Bob moving to a different state. I just want him to be comfortable as he prepares for retirement:

Name:	VA-Leaderboard.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	14889
    Judd, both those states are too hot during NBC. Think internationally. I see some riders from other countries on NBC. How about, Holland or Sweden? I hear they are nice places. I'm also thinking of the freezing saddles "freeze" points I'd get in the winter.

12. Likes Steve O liked this post
    ELITE wheels&wings ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob James View Post
    Judd, both those states are too hot during NBC. Think internationally. I see some riders from other countries on NBC. How about, Holland or Sweden? I hear they are nice places. I'm also thinking of the freezing saddles "freeze" points I'd get in the winter.
    You're right, Bob. I'm now taking up a collection to send Bob James to live on the North Pole.

14. Likes streetsmarts, wheels&wings, Bob James liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I'm taking up a collection for the "Bob James Relocation to a Different State Fund." For far too long Bob James had to suffer the indignities of living in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Let's relocate him to somewhere nice like Florida or Arizona.
    I thought Freezing Saddles and NBC were like Who's Line Is It Anyway? where everything's made up and the points don't matter.

Unless you're in first; then the points definitely matter.

16. Likes streetsmarts liked this post