Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: National Bike Challenge - Washington Area All Stars team

Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default July Prizes

Looks like the WAAS were shut out of the July prizes. The only DC-area winner was someone named Donald Harvey, who appears to live in Springfield. He won a LAB membership.
    https://www.strava.com/athletes/3171830

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like WAAS finally had a winner on the August prizes! Bikeeveryday won a Podiumware Active Tech Tee.

3. Likes Rod Smith, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    Looks like WAAS finally had a winner on the August prizes! Bikeeveryday won a Podiumware Active Tech Tee.
    The fix is in. Ricky also won something last year. I can't remember if it was a t-shirt or socks.

Our own Fast Snuggly Guy was also a winner of a Project 529 Garage Registration Kit, described thusly:

This kit allows you to quickly capture critical information about your bike and register it with the 529 national network, making it easy for law enforcement to trace and reclaim your bike if stolen. This prize is made possible courtesy of Project 529.

5. Likes huskerdont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been having a lot of trouble getting into the National Bike Challenge this year. It's never seemed as fun as two years ago when the North Central Florida Crackers were neck and neck with the All-Stars. I think the amount of ways that you can slice the leaderboards this year also has diminished the fun a bit.

It's still really nice to look through the individual leaderboard and see so many DC area folks near the top. Bob James is in fourth place, three places behind the HAMR holder. Ken Ray is in 9th place after biking across the entire U.S. this summer. The Enthusigator is in 50th place. Rod Smith is at 72nd. I'm hanging in at 129th and cursing all those weeks that I didn't push myself a little bit more to break into the Top 100 this year. Eric Williams strategy of riding a short commute and then doing 380 mile bike rides has put him in 178th.

7. Likes wheels&wings liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    It's still really nice to look through the individual leaderboard and see so many DC area folks near the top.
    A cool 5047th here. Suck it, losers!

9. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    A cool 5047th here. Suck it, losers!

5,047th out of 24,105 riders, which puts you in the 20.9% of all riders in the nation. If it was run like Freezing Saddles you'd probably be in the top 1% for some pointless prize involving pancake consumption.

Post Thanks / Like

Every time I tried to log in the last few weeks it would just sit and spin, but it worked today. Apparently 1,377th. Whatevs. There will always be someone who does more or goes faster, and someone who does less and goes slower. I'm tempted to just make all the Strava rides private so I can resist competing with random people, but so far there has been no OCD to speak of. We'll see about Freezing Saddles. I mean, I don't want to end up like Judd Snugglejack.

12. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

worked for me today, although I have not checked it for a few weeks before this. I seem to be either 1823 or 1929, depending on where you look.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    We'll see about Freezing Saddles. I mean, I don't want to end up like Judd Snugglejack.
    Having been me for 37 years, I wouldn't recommend it.

Freezing Saddles has been both the best thing that I've ever done and also the worst thing that I've ever done. I'm grateful for all the friends I have and all of the adventures that I've gone on, but I sometimes grind myself too far down by being competitive.

15. Likes huskerdont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Team Friday Legs is still the number one team with fewer than 10 members.

17. Likes Judd liked this post