Thread: Bike trail work around dominion substation at east falls church - 5/2 & 5/3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bike trail work around dominion substation at east falls church - 5/2 & 5/3

From my inbox:

Dominion Power has scheduled tree work on The W&OD Trail Between North Vanderpool Street and 19th Road. The trail will be closed Tuesday May 2 and Wednesday May 3, from 7am until 5 pm while this work is occurring. Trail users will be detoured to the sidewalk adjacent to 19th Road North. Thank you for your patience while this maintenance work is occurring.

TwoWheelsDC is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelley View Post
    From my inbox:

Dominion Power has scheduled tree work on The W&OD Trail Between North Vanderpool Street and 19th Road. The trail will be closed Tuesday May 2 and Wednesday May 3, from 7am until 5 pm while this work is occurring. Trail users will be detoured to the sidewalk adjacent to 19th Road North. Thank you for your patience while this maintenance work is occurring.
    Thankfully this mostly just affects peds going to EFC Metro and most riders won't even notice, as the de facto route for the W&OD runs from Banneker Park, and up Van Buren. In 6 years of riding, including 3 living a mile from EFC, I can probably count on one hand the times I've ridden behind that substation.

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    Thankfully this mostly just affects peds going to EFC Metro and most riders won't even notice, as the de facto route for the W&OD runs from Banneker Park, and up Van Buren. In 6 years of riding, including 3 living a mile from EFC, I can probably count on one hand the times I've ridden behind that substation.
    Well, I used to ride that section regularly going east and then turn right on 19th and go back to Van Buren and down to Banneker Park (of course coming to a full stop at the Westmoreland intersection) all because it added about 2/10 of a mile to each ride.