Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: April 2017 Road & Trail Conditions

Post Thanks / Like

For the love of all that his holy and fun, at least leave me the downhill kicker heading west after the trail turns right at Uhle/the new(-ish) MOM's before climbing back up to the bridge to nowhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    For the love of all that his holy and fun, at least leave me the downhill kicker heading west after the trail turns right at Uhle/the new(-ish) MOM's before climbing back up to the bridge to nowhere.
    Deal. Those of us wishing to avoid it can do so by crossing the yellow line if trail traffic is not too heavy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GovernorSilver View Post
    Near King St. Metro, tere was ongoing resurfacing of Cameron St. near the intersection with Buchanan St and the access to the connector trail to Braddock Metro. Heavy machinery rolling around, that I had to kind of ride around. Hopefully they're done by this evening.
    The resurfacing part appears to be done as of last evening. Pleasantly smooth surface to roll on.

Next is, presumably, the line-painting part. I'll take the MVT again for the morning commute because it's a nicer view, and then swing by Cameron in the evening.

Post Thanks / Like

There is broken glass on the W&OD at the sharp curve below Brandymore Castle. I picked up the larger pieces this morning, but it would be great to have it swept to get all the small pieces. Can someone inform the responsible jurisdiction?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	14598

Post Thanks / Like

Alexandria's resurfacing craze has hit Eisenhower Ave. I didn't bother trying to ride across that this evening. Just walked the bike.

Name:	EisenhowerAve.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	14599

Post Thanks / Like

The new asphalt is smoove... Its worth the temporary interruption.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know if the Arlington Blvd trail is still being detoured over Washington Blvd? (I haven't been that way in about two weeks). Wondering if I should just take dasgeh's awesome solution of going up Pershing to Fillmore and then the little neighborhood trail back down to Wash Blvd.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GovernorSilver View Post
    Alexandria's resurfacing craze has hit Eisenhower Ave. I didn't bother trying to ride across that this evening. Just walked the bike.

Name:	EisenhowerAve.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	14599
    Much improved as of yesterday evening. Nice and smooth, but there's line painting to be done, so be on the lookout for the painting equipment/workers.

Cameron St. near King ST. looks practically done - new bike lane painted in and all.

9. Likes lordofthemark liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Columbia Pike/W&OD Crossing Made Less Safe

(Arlington, VA) - At the W&OD Trail crossing of Columbia Pike at Four Mile Run Dr, the Leading Pedestrian Interval for trail traffic has been removed. Drivers turning right off Four Mile Run Dr across the trail do not have a sign saying that they need to yield to trail users (right-on-red is allowed here, too).

Is there a reason from Arlington County why the decision was made to make this intersection more dangerous? (and yes, I know this is a loaded question)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    (Arlington, VA) -

Is there a reason from Arlington County why the decision was made to make this intersection more dangerous? (and yes, I know this is a loaded question)
    Hmmm. Maybe related to the gas line project on Columbia Pike?