Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beginner's bad luck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    Update - its a broken hand, I am afraid, not just a finger. Right hand, so yes, the railing. She is grateful for the sympathy from y'all. She has a real cool hi tech cast (she has broken bones before, not biking, so is familiar). She is left handed, so she can still drive and do most things she needs to do.
    Oh no. Darn! Sending healing wishes!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    Update - its a broken hand, I am afraid, not just a finger. Right hand, so yes, the railing. She is grateful for the sympathy from y'all. She has a real cool hi tech cast (she has broken bones before, not biking, so is familiar). She is left handed, so she can still drive and do most things she needs to do.
    Oh dear! I wish her a quick recovery. That underpass is terrible. I've been put into the wall by a clueless jogger there.

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa! Ouch. That underpass is way too skinny for its own good. Could happen to anyone.

I hope she has one of the high tech casts that you can mold to your hand with heat and take it off for washing. I had one for my broken wrist last year and it was a vast improvement over fiberglass ones (though still not a joy to wear). Glad to hear it's not her dominant hand because that would be a PITA. Fortunately small bones heal fast; getting the muscles loosened up and flexible again is what takes forever. I've broken my wrist and a thumb and all are healed up and fine now; no lingering effects. Sorry a nice ride got spoiled; hopefully she will be riding again when the warm weather is here to stay.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no!

Hopefully she heals up quickly. But tell her that I am incredibly impressed with her stoicism.