Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crystal City Bike to Work Week

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crystal City Bike to Work Week

Per a recent email from the CCBID:

BIKE TO WORK WEEK
    WHEN: May 15th through May 19th 2017
    7:00 AM - 9:00 AM
    WHERE: The Fountain (aka the Crystal City Water Park) across from 1750 Crystal Drive
    WHAT: Challenge yourself to a week of bicycle commuting during Crystal City's Bike to Work Week. Visit the Pit Stop near the Mount Vernon Trail Connector and enjoy breakfast, conversation, and prizes.
    The top 125 most frequent riders will earn a coveted custom Crystal City cycling jersey.

*This is concurrent to and ends with the DC area's official Bike To Work Day, but has its own separate sign-up*

2. Likes eminva, wheels&wings liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeprosyStudyGroup View Post

BIKE TO WORK WEEK
    WHERE: The Fountain (aka the Crystal City Water Park) across from 1750 Crystal Drive
    WHAT: Challenge yourself to a week of bicycle commuting during Crystal City's Bike to Work Week. Visit the Pit Stop near the Mount Vernon Trail Connector and enjoy breakfast, conversation, and prizes.
    The top 125 most frequent riders will earn a coveted custom Crystal City cycling jersey.

*This is concurrent to and ends with the DC area's official Bike To Work Day, but has its own separate sign-up*
    I am always jealous of Virginia for having this. Since I bike in DC and Maryland, it would be way out of my way.

Post Thanks / Like

BIKE TO WORK WEEK

Ahh so that's how it works! So go every day? Do they have *coffee*??!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by streetsmarts View Post
    Ahh so that's how it works! So go every day? Do they have *coffee*??!!

Yes. Go every day. Last year they had coffee and squagels from Cosi every day. They also gave really good swag every day (bike bag, CO2, cycling cap, cycling socks and a super special gift if you attended all five days). Bike to Work Week was where Komorebi, LSG and I became bicycle best friends last year and was also the inspiration for the Crystal City Coffee Club.

6. Likes SarahBee, dasgeh, huskerdont, streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    I am always jealous of Virginia for having this. Since I bike in DC and Maryland, it would be way out of my way.
    It's worth going out of the way.

8. Likes consularrider, streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    It's worth going out of the way.
    You know the hours I work. No way would I get up a couple of hours early for this.

10. Likes Judd, Steve O liked this post
    Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    You know the hours I work. No way would I get up a couple of hours early for this.
    Hey, if I can cross the Atlantic for this ... just saying ...

12. ELITE Judd ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BIKE TO WORK WEEK

ARGH!!!! I wonder if I can flex my schedule a bit this year to get there at 07:00 every day. I REALLY want one of those awesome jerseys!

14. Likes streetsmarts, LeprosyStudyGroup liked this post
    TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

This adds like 8 miles to my 12 mile commute, but I'll probably try to hit it at least twice if the weather cooperates.

16. Likes dasgeh, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    ARGH!!!! I wonder if I can flex my schedule a bit this year to get there at 07:00 every day. I REALLY want one of those awesome jerseys!
    The jersey is legit and good quality. I love mine from 2 years ago. Plus, they also had women's sizes 2 years ago which I really appreciated! Hopefully they will again this year.

18. Likes streetsmarts, Judd liked this post