Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 National Bike Challenge - Two Teams - Two Ways to Win!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Smith View Post
    I prefer the latter
    Only if we can use the theme from Taxi as our Team song.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    If the possibility of a year's supply of toilet paper isn't enough to make it interesting, I can't see how this could even make a difference.
    Sadly I don't think any toilet paper prize this year. Cottenelle is not sponsoring NBC this time.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    If the possibility of a year's supply of toilet paper isn't enough to make it interesting, I can't see how this could even make a difference.
    Subby is one of those McLean one-percenters. Glory is his only source of motivation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob James View Post
    Sadly I don't think any toilet paper prize this year. Cottenelle is not sponsoring NBC this time.
    No Shit?!

5. Likes wheels&wings, Steve O liked this post
    ELITE rcannon100 ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Noticed that the NBC Dashboard was updated with some functioning leaderboards and all that stuff this weekend. There are quite a few teams already now.
    In Settings > Categories > Groups I can see Rod's WAAS team but when I click on "Import Group" nothing happens. This may be different if the leader of the strava group does it? I dunno how it's supposed to work.

There's also advocacy challenge teams now if WABA or BikeArlington want to get more officially involved?

They've also got Scott as their featured sponsor today so maybe the Toilet Paper Fort dream is alive?

7. Likes wheels&wings, Emm liked this post
    ELITE Judd ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeprosyStudyGroup View Post

They've also got Scott as their featured sponsor today so maybe the Toilet Paper Fort dream is alive?

If I don't win the TP fort this year, I'm buying a Costco membership and doing it myself.

9. Likes Sunyata, LeprosyStudyGroup liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I won some socks a couple years ago. As directed, I sent a reply email to claim my prize. In response, I was told, "we don't have any socks". So, I won a prize that they didn't have which seemed bogus, but then, I didn't pay any money to enter, so how much could I complain (yes, they did gain my ride data, for whatever that is worth)? They did say they had some other stuff, water bottles or something - I forget - that I took a pass on since I didn't want to add to the pile of stuff I have and won't use.

11. Likes LeprosyStudyGroup liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The bad news is, they eliminated all the teams from last year, so we'll need to create a new one (or two, if we follow Rod's suggestion) this year. And the process for forming a team is unclear, to say the least. The only way I can see that you're supposed to be able to form a team is to import a Strava group--but when I clicked the link to do that, it didn't work. I'll keep trying!

13. Likes Rod Smith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    The bad news is, they eliminated all the teams from last year, so we'll need to create a new one (or two, if we follow Rod's suggestion) this year. And the process for forming a team is unclear, to say the least. The only way I can see that you're supposed to be able to form a team is to import a Strava group--but when I clicked the link to do that, it didn't work. I'll keep trying!
    There is an estimated delay of between 12 and 24hrs between importing a Strava club and it appearing in the Challenge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Smith View Post
    There is an estimated delay of between 12 and 24hrs between importing a Strava club and it appearing in the Challenge.
    Yeah. I'm hoping that after that time, WAAS will show up. But they aren't terribly clear on what happens after that--whether people need to join the Strava club, or whether they can just join the team on the NBC site. I'm hoping this will become clearer as we go along.

16. Likes Rod Smith liked this post