Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bike to Work Day on May 19th Registration

Post Thanks / Like

New District Brewing had a PM stop last year that I went to. That way, I was able to drive to/from work in Columbia, get on my bike and ride to NDBC. It was a fine stop with beer and Bike Arlington swag. I'll do that again if it's an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes streetsmarts, mello yello liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I confirmed with Mike that New District Brewing will be doing the PM pit stop again this year, so you'll have that to look forward to.

I registered for BTWD at a (new?) pit stop on my way to either Union Station or the Anacostia Trail - Twining! I'm sad to miss the Crystal City week and the big Rosslyn party this year.

4. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I am. I was thinking about taking the day off work so that I could celebrate bike commuter Christmas more thoroughly.
    Okay, it is official, I will be in town this weekend. We should plan a Bicycle Fun Club "Bike Commuter Christmas" party.

Preferably not TOO many miles (less than 70?), since I will be doing a 150 mile gravel ride the next day.

6. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default organized bike shenanigans on BTW Day?

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    This can probably be arranged.
    What would you take as bribes to organize such a ride on BTW Day? If you don't, maybe I will. How about morning - tour de pitstops? after that - kayak somewhere on the Potomac and lunch (I can figure out this part).... Afternoon ..more pitstops?

Post Thanks / Like

Some of us actually have to (gasp!) work on Bike to Work Day, but this year I'm going to try to hit 6 pit stops before going to the office. Tentative plan: Del Ray around 6:00 a.m. > Old Town around 6:30 a.m. > Carlyle in time for the 7:00 a.m. raffle > Shirlington > Crystal City > Freedom Plaza. If anyone wants to convoy, let me know.

9. Likes Judd, Steve O, streetsmarts liked this post
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    Some of us actually have to (gasp!) work on Bike to Work Day, but this year I'm going to try to hit 6 pit stops before going to the office. Tentative plan: Del Ray around 6:00 a.m. > Old Town around 6:30 a.m. > Carlyle in time for the 7:00 a.m. raffle > Shirlington > Crystal City > Freedom Plaza. If anyone wants to convoy, let me know.
    I should be able to go faster than I did last year, but since I want to be at Canal Park before 9, I will probably want to hit Shirlington earlier, and thus will skip the Alexandria pit stops (also maybe shame at not volunteering? ) But if I am making good time I would head to Freedom Plaza, as I have never been there on BTWD. So Shirlington>CC>Freedom Plaza>Canal Park

Edit: Looking back, it looks like I had plenty of time, got to Canal Park by 8:15, and that was with not heading out till 6:41. I really should be able to head out earlier. If I get out early enough, then I will go to Del Ray.
    Last edited by lordofthemark; 05-09-2017 at 12:37 PM.

11. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Switching pit stops?

Does anyone know the protocol for switching registration from one pitstop location to a different one?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Birru View Post
    Does anyone know the protocol for switching registration from one pitstop location to a different one?
    Outside of a few pit stops (like Del Ray), many of them don't check your name--they just hand you t-shirts and gear when you walk up. I think last year every pit stop I went to kept trying to hand me t-shirts and other gear outside of Del Ray. So if you can't change it, don't worry as long as you aren't trying to go to Del Ray or another weirdly strict pit stop.

Or just register for a different stop using an alternate email address. I'm guessing that works too if there's no formal process to change your stop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Birru View Post
    Email Nick Russo at Waba. He'll do it.

Nick Russo <nick.russo@waba.org>

15. Likes Birru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelley View Post
    Email Nick Russo at Waba. He'll do it.

Nick Russo <nick.russo@waba.org>
    Thanks! That was easy.