Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Send a Quick Email in Support of Washington Blvd Bike Lanes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    Lots of people would need to ride it every day, and some organized rides with dozens of riders would be best.
    Group ride for beer!

2. Likes Sunyata, lordofthemark, Tania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    George Mason between Washington Blvd and Lee Hwy, where there are sharrows but it seems like death is overtaking you with every vehicle that passes
    Do you feel any differently about George Mason southbound vs. northbound? I've ridden on that stretch several times southbound near the end of a workout loop, and I never felt it was especially dangerous. I do imagine it's a little more uncomfortable northbound though, since the relative velocity vs. car traffic would be higher given the slope.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scoot View Post
    Do you feel any differently about George Mason southbound vs. northbound? I've ridden on that stretch several times southbound near the end of a workout loop, and I never felt it was especially dangerous. I do imagine it's a little more uncomfortable northbound though, since the relative velocity vs. car traffic would be higher given the slope.
    Yes, northbound is toward my house, and with the uphill section, it feels worse. But generally, it's a well-used, four-lane, curvy-ish road where drivers will go 45 mph, and I'm not that comfortable in that situation.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope they will revisit this decision in a year or two. I don't live in Westover but would if I could afford to, and for me, the bigger picture is that bailouts from 66 eastbound and the success of places like Ayers, Italian Store, Westover Market = more and more cars. I would think that additional bike and pedestrian infrastructure would improve the quality of life for neighborhood residents.