Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Doughneuring Extravaganza Ride #2 is SUNDAY Afternoon!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Doughneuring Extravaganza Ride #2 is SUNDAY Afternoon!!

Doughneuers! and Everyone else who heard about the great Doughneuring Extravaganza Ride we did last month and wished you could have come along--
    Now is your chance for even more Doughneuring!

The Ride is on SUNDAY, March 12th. It STARTS at DISTRICT DONUTS on 8th St., SE in DC at NOON EDT.
    Arrive earlier, by 11:30, if you plan to eat a doughnut at this stop. I plan for the Ride to ROLL-OUT at Noon.
    ***Daylight Savings Time happens during the night BEFORE this Ride--do not forget to change your clocks.***

I have included ONE Hains Point Loop (make a donut on Strava with your bike) on this route. If you want to do a lot of HP loops --you know who you are--the Ride should arrive on HP by 12:30; you can join us there.
    From HP we will go over to the Mt Vernon Trail, to the Custis Trail, climbing to our reward at DUCK DONUTS on N. Harrison in Arlington at the target time of 1:30.
    See the sample menu for Duck Donuts after I post it below--they make custom donuts to order, so we want to know how to order and to make some decisions en route to speed the ordering along.

After enjoying those delights, we get to go back downhill, north to Chain Bridge, turning back toward DC along the C&O Towpath for 1 mile, up onto the CCT for the rest of the ride to Georgetown
    where we will descend on BEARD PAPA'S for Japanese cream puff doughnuts (wild guess at the time = 3:00?) After that, just 2.5 miles across town to the Finale.

We will finish at Right Proper Brewing Company at 3:30 or 4:00, until whenever for RP's yummy doughnuts! Anyone who is also Beerneuring will be able to enjoy adult beverages with their doughnuts!

The total ride is 25 miles from Start to Finish, in DC and Virginia only.

You are welcome to join in at any point, and to leave when you are full enough of doughnuts.

The Ride is a GO if it is Raining or Snowing--this is Freezing Saddles, isn't it? I am aware of the prediction for SNOW this weekend, it is about time!

A few more details and the fine print:
    Helmets are required.
    This is a No-Drop Ride, the pace will be enjoyable and everyone is welcome to ride along.
    There are fewer doughnut stops this time (and more Beer!) but do pace yourself and plan ahead to share some of these confections.
    Doughneurs need to remember to take photos of your doughnuts before eating them if you want to enter then in the Side Bet.
    Important Points Adjustment: every entry will get full points regardless of how many times you have been to the place.
    Cream Puffs and Churros are qualifying doughnuts, of course!!

Finally, for those who want to spend more time riding in the daylight savings light, to get more miles and More Doughnuts (and Beer), AND Ride in Maryland!! there will be a
    POST-Ride stop at Denizen's in Silver Spring. Team 4: This is a Team 4 Social Event!!
    Meet us there even if you can't go Doughneuring all afternooon.
    Denizen's has churros on the menu, naturally delicious with beer. Target arrival time is 6:00pm EDT.

Please let me know if you plan to join this ride for all or part--I need to be prepared, and I want to warn Right Proper with an approximate number.
    PM me with your phone number if you want live updates of our progress--if you plan to try to join us along the ride, I will be sending messages as we move along.

The Doughnut Ride Rolls Again!! Let's Do It!!
    edelweiss
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beer Donuts.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	14142   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	52 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	14141  

Post Thanks / Like

Default Duck Donut Form

Some of you will be familiar with this, but for the rookies, each person gets to design their own doughnuts at Duck Donuts.
    If you look at the form--probably best not to try this on a tiny phone screen--you see their Customer favorites, after that it is like pizza, the doughnut is the base, and you choose coating (frosting or glaze), toppings (sprinkled things), and finally even extra drizzles of sauce.

We can mull it over while we are riding there, in the snow. e
    Attached Images Attached Images  

3. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oooh! If it is too wet to mountain bike, I will probably join in for this!

5. Likes Edelweiss liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Supposed to be doing a trail work day at Conway-Robinson, but if that gets cancelled this looks like a good alternative!!

7. Likes Edelweiss liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope to join! If weather is what I consider beyond the abilities of my hybrid, though, I would opt out.

Thanks.

9. Likes Edelweiss liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This sounds like a hoot n' a holler, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it. March birthdays have all converged on this weekend. Perhaps I can rendezvous at a later stop.

11. Likes Edelweiss, Sunyata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like how we are properly ending with donuts and beer! Not sure if I can make it to Duck Donuts in time but in for Right Proper.

13. Likes Edelweiss liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'n in for the whole doughnut.

15. Likes kwarkentien, Steve O liked this post
    ELITE Edelweiss ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Perfect Freezing Saddles Weather

The Weather Service is backing away from the Snow word for Saturday and Sunday.

It now looks like Sunday will have a lovely, mostly sunny afternoon with a nice temp of about 35* --finally some real winter riding weather after all this too-warmness.

So, reconsider your weekend plans in light of the Non-Snow event, and RSVP if you can join all or part of this Ride edelweiss
    Attached Images Attached Images  

17. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Since it is likely to still be freezing during mid-day, I will most likely opt to go mountain biking instead (I DO have a new bike that has been severely neglected). So I am only a 10% maybe for this.

19. Dislikes Edelweiss disliked this post