Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyline Drive Shut Down To Motorized Vehicles - 4/23

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I guess I'm doing this cause my friends are. Got the same wait list registration option as Husker.
    As did I, earlier today. Three minutes ago, it said a spot opened up, with a link to complete registration (which I did). Keep an eye out on your email if you're on the waitlist.

2. Likes kwarkentien, huskerdont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My two cents: parks are for everyone. Esp. National parks. There's an interesting Facebook thread about this. I like this comment which i found there:

I've spent quite a lot of time in the park, and I think it's fantastic that you're (that we are since it's OUR park. Think about it, man!) giving the following people the opportunity to have a worry free and quiet day to explore the beauty and serenity of the drive from the double yellow line all the way over to the solid white line. I certainly support this and bow out gracefully for a day, especially to the cyclists who dare to try an out and back in the allotted time:

bicyclists, unicyclists, tricyclists, tandem cyclists, recumbent cyclists, skateboarders, pogo stickers, jumping stilters, roller skaters, heelys riders, big wheel riders, scooters, etc, etc...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TwoWheelsDC is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got my parking spot confirmation. I have a guest who's flying out that morning, but I'm hoping he'll be cool with me dropping him off at the airport at like 630am so I can get out there relatively early...although I suspect many will be putting wheels to pavement at 7am sharp.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't received anything, not even a confirmation I'm on a wait list

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

TwoWheelsDC is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AFHokie View Post
    I haven't received anything, not even a confirmation I'm on a wait list

I also did not get a confirmation when I initially registered...I had actually forgotten about the event entirely until the email came in.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing for me yet but the wait list email. Bit bummed since that April climbing challenge is going to be difficult unless I get out there one way or another.

Post Thanks / Like

Assuming I don't have some issue that forces me to beg off *and* I am able to secure access to the family vehicle, I could take 2 people. I can only fit one extra bike on my roof rack, but I think I should be able to fit one in the trunk without having to put the entire rear seat down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    Nothing for me yet but the wait list email. Bit bummed since that April climbing challenge is going to be difficult unless I get out there one way or another.
    The best I can tell from google maps, there seem to be residential areas nearby, so I can presume one could park legally near the high school and just bike the extra distance. Does anyone here know if that is a possibility?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    Assuming I don't have some issue that forces me to beg off *and* I am able to secure access to the family vehicle, I could take 2 people. I can only fit one extra bike on my roof rack, but I think I should be able to fit one in the trunk without having to put the entire rear seat down.
    My truck seats 5 including me and there's plenty of room for bikes in the bed

Just saying...

11. Likes kwarkentien, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a spot now. And there was much rejoicing.

13. Likes kwarkentien, Judd liked this post