Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Commuting into Arlington

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That said, since you're going to Foxcroft Heights and not Penrose, I would take the eastern route instead. With the western route, you'd be heading in the same direction as Columbia Pike rush-hour traffic between Courthouse and Orme.

  2. Likes ewilliams0305 liked this post
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    1,458
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scoot View Post
    That said, since you're going to Foxcroft Heights and not Penrose, I would take the eastern route instead. With the western route, you'd be heading in the same direction as Columbia Pike rush-hour traffic between Courthouse and Orme.
    Eastern route is the best... but make sure that you tell her that you scoped out the Western route and that it was really dangerous and that you risked your life for her, cause she's all worth it.

  4. Likes ewilliams0305 liked this post
  5. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Silver Spring
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thanks y'all. I'm going to send these notes to her and make a rwgps when I have a minute and share it here for more debate. I'm please the general response wasn't "oh don't ride there".... I'll probably usher her down there Sunday for a nice recovery spin after I completely destroy myself Saturday


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. Likes Judd liked this post
  7. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    1,458
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ewilliams0305 View Post
    Thanks y'all. I'm going to send these notes to her and make a rwgps when I have a minute and share it here for more debate. I'm please the general response wasn't "oh don't ride there".... I'll probably usher her down there Sunday for a nice recovery spin after I completely destroy myself Saturday

    I recommend you take it easy with low miles on Saturday so that you're not too tired to show her around, all for purely unselfish reasons of course.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leaderboard.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	13938

  8. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ewilliams0305 View Post
    I'm please the general response wasn't "oh don't ride there"....
    Results may vary if it turns out that she's playing Freezing Saddles...

  9. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Springfield
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Status of MVT from FMR to 14St Bridge

    I plan on riding into work tomorrow but haven't ridden along the MVT after a major precip/freeze event like last night's. Any reports from tonight's ride home? Any pointers for tomorrow morning?
    Thanks!

  10. #27
    vvill's Avatar
    vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sydney AU
    Posts
    2,821
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChampionTier View Post
    I plan on riding into work tomorrow but haven't ridden along the MVT after a major precip/freeze event like last night's. Any reports from tonight's ride home? Any pointers for tomorrow morning?
    Thanks!
    Low 20s overnight: Re-freeze will make it icy. Personally I wouldn't attempt it without studs and MTB tires but YMMV (e.g. Steve O)

  11. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
  12. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Springfield
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vvill View Post
    Low 20s overnight: Re-freeze will make it icy. Personally I wouldn't attempt it without studs and MTB tires but YMMV (e.g. Steve O)
    Yeah, that's what I was afraid of...trying to manage the risk of riding in (and my guilt over not riding more for BAFS lately) so I can roll in CCWNS #3. Hoping to hear "drains well, dry as popcorn" ! Looks like bringing the bike on the Blue Line may be the way to go. Thanks vvil!

  13. Likes vvill liked this post
  14. #29
    vvill's Avatar
    vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sydney AU
    Posts
    2,821
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChampionTier View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was afraid of...trying to manage the risk of riding in (and my guilt over not riding more for BAFS lately) so I can roll in CCWNS #3. Hoping to hear "drains well, dry as popcorn" ! Looks like bringing the bike on the Blue Line may be the way to go. Thanks vvil!
    Np! I don't ride the MVT often but with any route even if 99% of it is clear, that 1% of unseen ice can really get you. I've crashed enough times on ice not to want to do it again!

  15. Likes streetsmarts, ChampionTier, hozn liked this post
  16. #30
    hozn's Avatar
    hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    3,118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think I am gonna go mountain biking tomorrow! If the freeze is hard enough that might be the fabled fast snow.

    Edit: sorry, I posted this on the wrong thread :-)
    Last edited by hozn; 03-14-2017 at 05:42 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •