Thread: Bicyclist Choice Awards and WABA Annual Member Meeting

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bicyclist Choice Awards and WABA Annual Member Meeting

http://www.waba.org/events/washingto...choice-awards/

Join the Washington Area Bicyclist Association at the third annual Bicyclists’ Choice Awards for a celebration of the people and places that make our region a great place to ride a bike.

The Bicyclists’ Choice Awards will take place on Tuesday, February 28th, 2017 from 7:30-9:00pm at the Kaiser Permanente Center for Total Health.

We are excited to announce the Awards will be hosted by Tom Sherwood of NBC4 Washington!

RSVP VOTE

Do you have a favorite new bike lane? A favorite bike shop? Do you know of a bike-friendly business? Is there a social ride that you love?

We want to hear from you! We need you to decide the winners of the Bicyclists’ Choice Awards. This event is special because we rely on YOU to tell us what bike people, places, and improvements were your favorite in the last year. More details about the Awards nomination, voting, and selection process are below.

Voting is now open! Vote for your favorite bike people, places, business and infrastructure improvements in 2016.

VOTE

Voting will be open from Thursday, February 9th through Tuesday, February 21st. Winners will be announced at the event in late February. We invite you to party and celebrate with us at the awards event where WABA will announce the winners of the Bicyclists’ Choice Awards and recognize winners of several special WABA Awards. Admission to the party is free and appetizers and beer/wine are complimentary.

Additionally, WABA’s Annual Members Meeting will also take place that same evening. The Annual Members Meeting will be from 6:30-7:30 pm prior to the awards party – and there will be a social reception for WABA Members attending the Annual Members Meeting from 6:00-6:30pm. All WABA Members are invited to join us for the Annual Members Meeting and to vote on new WABA Board of Directors members, as well as ask questions and share feedback as a member of the organization. The Bicyclists’ Choice Awards event is open for anyone to attend.

Please RSVP if you can join us for the event.

RSVP

Event Details:

When: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 from 6:00-9:00pm
    Members Reception from 6:00-6:30pm
    Annual WABA Members Meeting from 6:30-7:15pm
    Bicyclists’ Choice Awards event from 7:30-9:00pm

Where: Kaiser Permanente Center for Total Health, 700 2nd St NE, Washington, DC 20002

WABA Members: If you are a WABA member, you are welcome to arrive at 6:00pm, prior to the Awards event, to participate in our Annual Member Meeting and vote in our Board elections.

RSVP:
    Please RSVP for the event here.

Hosted by: Tom Sherwood of NBC4 Washington

Nominate and Vote:
    Vote here!

Volunteers Needed:
    Interested in lending a hand while enjoying a fun party and learning about the year’s advocacy successes? Sign up to volunteer with WABA at the awards event here.

2. Likes Greenbelt, streetsmarts, dasgeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've RSVPed but not find myself potentially double booked with another reception in the early part. I need to determine whether to go all in on the WABA festivities (meeting AND awards) or if I should make an appearance at the other event then rush over to catch the awards portion.

Admittedly my decision will be based on which scenario results in me eating enough to count it as dinner... I haven't attended this WABA event so I'm not sure if the reception is drinks and chips, or anything more substantial. (Normally I wouldn't worry so much about it, but it will be Fat Tuesday... got to eat up before fasting!)

4. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    Admittedly my decision will be based on which scenario results in me eating enough to count it as dinner... I haven't attended this WABA event so I'm not sure if the reception is drinks and chips, or anything more substantial. (Normally I wouldn't worry so much about it, but it will be Fat Tuesday... got to eat up before fasting!)
    Pertinent info then: FYI: "The Awards will take place at the Kaiser Permanente Center for Total Health on Tuesday, February 28th from 7:30-9:00pm. Anyone is welcome to attend the party and admission is free. There will also be complimentary food from Cava as well as beer and wine."

6. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    I've RSVPed but not find myself potentially double booked with another reception in the early part. I need to determine whether to go all in on the WABA festivities (meeting AND awards) or if I should make an appearance at the other event then rush over to catch the awards portion.

I'll be there at least for the first part. Look forward to seeing Kitty and other bike friends!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

One last bump. All the cool people will be there! (Except for me of course. I mean, I'll be there, but dragging down the cool quotient.)

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

CONGRATULATIONS to our own chris_s on being WABA's Advocate of the Year!

11. ELITE Greenbelt, Judd ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't stay for the advocate award sadly (had to pick up the dog from doggie day care). Did anyone get a pic?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbelt View Post
    I couldn't stay for the advocate award sadly (had to pick up the dog from doggie day care). Did anyone get a pic?
    I saw a pic on twitter posted by SharrowsDC. Congrats to Chris. I appreciate everything you do to advocate for better biking.

Post Thanks / Like

I did stay long enough to get a pic of my lovely spouse having her picture taken though!
    Name:  IMG_2349.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  79.3 KB

15. Likes huskerdont, Judd liked this post
    ELITE Brünø Moore, Brett L. ELITED this post