Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Danger Panda Pointless Prize

Post Thanks / Like

I know this is unacceptable in the competition, but I took a pic just now of my both feet on top tube submission

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Krystan22, Steve O liked this post
    ELITE LeprosyStudyGroup, drevil, eminva, Judd ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kensei View Post
    I know this is unacceptable in the competition, but I took a pic just now of my both feet on top tube submission

I like how the second picture evokes, "Oh shit! Why am I doing this? I'm going to crash!"

4. Likes LeprosyStudyGroup, Krystan22 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I like how the second picture evokes, "Oh shit! Why am I doing this? I'm going to crash!"
    I think you read my face like a book,sir.

I was in a tennis court circling around, so I had about 100~ feet of straightaway to get up to speed, put feet up, get the camera angled, then let go of the handlebar and hope momentum kept me upright.

I wasn't cool enough to emote anything other frantic concentration.

Drevil, bikeeveryday, and krystan22 definitely exude more fun and confidence in their panda-ness. Next time around there ought to be a point removed if you have a face like you are doubting recent life choices. Doesn't seem to be in the spirit of the pandatude, huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. ELITE Judd ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Danger Panda Pointless Prize

OK, I called the local hospitals to see if there were any reports of people crashing on their bikes with their phones firmly clutched in their paws and got no results, so I figured it was time to tally the results. Remember, this was based on your one (1) picture/video with the most points.

Judd - 0 points - "Thank you for trying" ribbon
    Steve O - 1 point - "I have mad balance as a unicyclist, but can't take a good overhead pic" ribbon
    BikeEveryDay - 2 points - "Mr. Consistency" ribbon
    EminVA - 2 points - "Shaky Breaky Heart" ribbon
    Krystan22 - 1 point - "Late entry, but still good" ribbon

And the award for Best Danger Panda goes to:

LA LA LAND!

Err... oops...
    (card snatched by someone who immediately facepalms hard...)

"I'm gonna be really proud to present this to kensei!"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lalaken.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	14424

Yes, with this entry, he was able to rack up the highest score of 4 points (Panda +1, each foot obviously off pedal +2, foot on top tube +1)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kenpanda2.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	14426

Kensei, I will be at the Final BAFS 2017 Happy Hour to give you Squeaky. Thanks everyone for playing, but more importantly, not crashing (even though Chuxtr was hoping for it)

Apologies for the hilariously bad 'p-shopping. Best I could do on this stupid laptop while on vacay...
    Last edited by drevil; 03-23-2017 at 02:07 AM. Reason: fixed ken panda selfie

8. ELITE Judd ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ricky, in honor of your accurate and unadulterated images of me, I shall arrive at the happy hour and receive the award in one of the following:
    an Oscar style tux, or with my long flowy straight hair draped over my translucent blue rain dress. I won't say which, just to keep the paparazzi guessing, but between us, I am liking my look in that blue getup

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

10. Likes eminva, bikeeveryday, Judd, drevil liked this post
    Steve O is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I know drevil wanted one of these during FS. Here you go. Practicing for WNS this week.
    I thought it would be hard to look up while riding, but it wasn't. In fact I learned that eyes are only necessary to keep you on the road---it's actually no harder to ride with eyes shut than open. True!

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

12. Likes Sunyata, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    I know drevil wanted one of these during FS. Here you go. Practicing for WNS this week.
    I thought it would be hard to look up while riding, but it wasn't. In fact I learned that eyes are only necessary to keep you on the road---it's actually no harder to ride with eyes shut than open. True!

Zero points. Bike doesn't have handlebars.

14. Likes Sunyata, Edelweiss liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    If you're crazy enough and do all of the above, you can max out at 6 points (1 for entry, +2 for each foot off the pedals, +2 for each foot on the top tube, +1 for video). This danger panda pic of Dirt (which I'm using without his permission) is an almost perfect score of 5. A vid would have gotten him 6 points.
    Yes, with this entry, he was able to rack up the highest score of 4 points (Panda +1, each foot obviously off pedal +2, foot on top tube +1)
    Shouldn't kensei be awarded 5 points?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DCAKen View Post
    Shouldn't kensei be awarded 5 points?
    Please explain.

EDIT: NM. I see what you are saying, and I was not clear in my explanation (which I have now fixed). My numbers should be +1 for each foot, for a total of 2 points. So yes, with the way I explained it originally, he should be getting
    +1 for panda
    +4 for both feet off pedals
    +2 for 1 foot on top tube

Which gives him 7, but there is a max of 6 points.

I'll clear it up now, and if we do the Danger Panda pointless prize again:
    +1 for each foot visibly off pedal, for a max of 2 points for that part of the challenge
    +1 for each foot on the top tube, for a max of 2 points for that part of the challenge

This doesn't change the fact that Kensei still had the highest number of points achieved during the qualifying period (when I started it until the end of BAFS 2017 +1 day). Please let me know if you (or anyone else) thinks otherwise.
    Last edited by drevil; 03-27-2017 at 10:29 AM.

17. Likes kensei liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This doesn't change the fact that Kensei still had the highest number of points achieved during the qualifying period (when I started it until the end of BAFS 2017 +1 day). Please let me know if you (or anyone else) thinks otherwise.
    I think I should be deemed the winner. I was actually floating entirely off of my bike in my picture, but it was too dark to tell.