Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Freezing Saddles Last Night Hains Point Party 2017 (FSNLHPP)

Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Freezing Saddles Last Night Hains Point Party 2017 (FSNLHPP)

Originally inspired by jrenaut at the end of FS14, the FSLNHPP has now become a tradition. The truly elite badasses gather down on Hains Point and ride around in circles until just before midnight. They then stop their GPS devices and drink a toast to another year of Freezing Saddles.

Last year even the ordinary badasses came out, because it was on a Friday night. This year I expect only us elite ones will be there for the final toast, since it's on a Sunday night. And if, like me, you also plan to ride the VASA ride earlier in the day, you will rack up a lot of miles for your team.

Watch this thread as the date approaches.

Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not, the end of Freezing Saddles 2017 is just 11 days away. And that means you should start napping, so that you can feel well rested for the traditional Freezing Saddles Last Night Hains Point Party (FSLNHPP).
    It's a social ride, not a race (unless you are nip and tuck with another team, in which case you may be trying to rack up some last-second miles). At 11:50 or so we will all gather at the point, stop our GPS devices one last time, and share a toast to winter and another season of Freezing Saddles.

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - If you have a friend or SO or nutcase acquaintance who is not a FS participant and wants to make the FSLNHPP even more elite, they can attempt to emulate the amazing Sarah Bee. For FSLNHPP 2015, she brought her car and provided riders with snacks, drinks, music and big-time cheering. Last year, too, some teams brought support vehicles. This is the location we'll use as the social gathering spot and for the final toast.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fslnhpp parking.JPG 
Views:	249 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	14185

I will bring a toasting beverage. Feel free to contribute in any way to the festivities: costumes, props, disco lights, music, bike foxes, dancing girls, etc.

When does the FSLNHPP start?
    There is no official start time; only an official end time. You are welcome to start any time you like. In past years the bulk of riders tended to arrive between 8-10 pm.

jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    I will bring a toasting beverage. Feel free to contribute in any way to the festivities: costumes, props, disco lights, music, bike foxes, dancing girls, etc.
    This is an inclusive event. Dancers need not be girls.

4. ELITE Kitty, Sunyata ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As you know, alcoholic beverages are not allowed in National Parks. Just like in past years, I will be completely, entirely, absolutely, unequivocally law-abiding. So there is no way...no way I will have any limoncello in my stainless steel water bottle. Nor any little, bitty toasting cups to share the non-existent limoncello with anyone.
    I repeat. No. Way.

6. Likes CBGanimal, kwarkentien, wheels&wings, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    As you know, alcoholic beverages are not allowed in National Parks. Just like in past years, I will be completely, entirely, absolutely, unequivocally law-abiding. So there is no way...no way I will have any limoncello in my stainless steel water bottle. Nor any little, bitty toasting cups to share the non-existent limoncello with anyone.
    I repeat. No. Way.
    Just to be clear ... NFW?

8. Likes kwarkentien, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone should come out for this. As I put it to my wife when I got home from my very first FSNLHPP, "Meeting a bunch of guys I don't know in a deserted park after dark went better than one might expect." Now, isn't that an advertisement?

10. Likes Kitty, CPTJohnC, streetsmarts, Steve O, Thor and 4 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    "Meeting a bunch of guys I don't know in a deserted park after dark went better than one might expect."
    What could go wrong????

This is a fabulous time. I wholeheartedly endorse finishing Freezing Saddles as we (at least a few idiots and I) started it: riding around in aimless circles in a deserted park down by the river(s).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes streetsmarts, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    Everyone should come out for this. As I put it to my wife when I got home from my very first FSNLHPP, "Meeting a bunch of guys I don't know in a deserted park after dark went better than one might expect." Now, isn't that an advertisement?
    Whether you've participated in the past or this is your first time, you can vicariously re-live the FSLNHPP (2014) genesis and original event at this thread.

14. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there with a support car, water, snacks, and -- most importantly -- cupcakes and party hats to celebrate Judd's birthday.

16. ELITE wheels&wings, jrenaut ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    I'll be there with a support car, water, snacks, and -- most importantly -- cupcakes and party hats to celebrate Judd's birthday.
    Birthday!? Okay... Maybe I will give Judd ONE Hains Point lap for his birthday.

18. Likes bikeeveryday, streetsmarts liked this post