Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: L!g!a!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Would avoiding M St but still having to take the Key Bridge get Tania out?
    Yes BUT can you tell me how to get to that park from Key Bridge? Seriously, I avoid Georgetown 98% of the time (in all forms of transit). I'll take M street in the winter when I go in early and can pass through around 6:15 am to avoid the glare of oncoming cars along Roosevelt Island (old people eyes).

BTW, if I do go that means I have to take 41st St on the way home. I already hate all of you.
    Last edited by Tania; 05-10-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    Yes BUT can you tell me how to get to that park from Key Bridge? Seriously, I avoid Georgetown 98% of the time (in all forms of transit). I'll take M street in the winter when I go in early and can pass through around 6:15 am to avoid the glare of oncoming cars along Roosevelt Island (old people eyes).

BTW, if I do go that means I have to take 41st St on the way home. I already hate all of you.
    Google walking directions sort of show what I'm talking about. Basically avoids M St entirely.

3. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can do that! See you/Judd/hopefully someone at 6 at the park.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Birru View Post
    Google walking directions sort of show what I'm talking about. Basically avoids M St entirely.

Birru's got the treasure map. Since it means Tania will come, I'm officially declaring myself leader of the splinter group and will see anyone else who prefers that starting location at 6.

6. Likes Tania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Birru's got the treasure map. Since it means Tania will come, I'm officially declaring myself leader of the splinter group and will see anyone else who prefers that starting location at 6.
    Ugggggh. Still in a meeting and I have follow up stuff to do. Sorry. I'll make it out there and see ya when I see ya. Grind some gravel for me 'til I get there.

Here's the route from last week:
    https://www.strava.com/activities/969941228

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    Ugggggh. Still in a meeting and I have follow up stuff to do. Sorry. I'll make it out there and see ya when I see ya. Grind some gravel for me 'til I get there.

Here's the route from last week:
    https://www.strava.com/activities/969941228
    Hope to see you out there... In addition to grinding some gravel, we will also shred some gnar for you.

Post Thanks / Like

What a lovely ride tonight! I can only hope next Wed will be as perfect. Too bad the Splinter Cell never crossed paths with the official L!G!A! group.

Also, Ricky did not see the posted signs and flouted the law:

10. Likes Judd, LeprosyStudyGroup liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Birru View Post
    What a lovely ride tonight! I can only hope next Wed will be as perfect. Too bad the Splinter Cell never crossed paths with the official L!G!A! group.

Also, Ricky did not see the posted signs and flouted the law:

So we started a little earlier than them, went a little farther than them, and stayed a little longer at the stop than them. If we tweaked any of these, we might have seen them. Thanks for the group ride Judd, Birru, and Tania!

L!G!A! Splinter Cell by ricky d, on Flickr

12. Likes Birru, Tania liked this post
    ELITE Judd ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That was SO much fun! But I am super bummed that I missed the splinter group! (This is what I get for not checking the forum regularly...)

I am already re-arranging my schedule so that I can make this again next week.

The official L!G!A! ride does go by the start of the C&O, so if you guys want to meet us near the foot bridge off M Street on the canal, that will prevent you from having to go all the way to DCW. Just hang out until we come through.

Edit: BTW, maybe we should move this to the "Events" section?
    Last edited by Sunyata; 05-11-2017 at 07:21 AM. Reason: why are we still talking about Freezing Saddles in May?!

14. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    That was SO much fun! But I am super bummed that I missed the splinter group! (This is what I get for not checking the forum regularly...)

I am already re-arranging my schedule so that I can make this again next week.

The official L!G!A! ride does go by the start of the C&O, so if you guys want to meet us near the foot bridge off M Street on the canal, that will prevent you from having to go all the way to DCW. Just hang out until we come through.

Edit: BTW, maybe we should move this to the "Events" section?

I'm planning on riding again next Wednesday. C&O footbridge meetup location is a good idea for uniting any splinter cells.

Also Freezing Saddles 4 Life!

16. Likes Sunyata liked this post