Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: L!g!a!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juststeve View Post
    Hi All,

Lights! Gravel! Action! is alive and well. My wife (Jenny) and I decided to keep it going through the spring and beyond as we train for some long gravel rides this summer. We roll from District Cycle Works (www.districtcycleworks.com) in Georgetown on Wednesdays at 6 PM. Lately, we have been riding out to the Great Falls overlook, eating some snacks, and heading back into Georgetown. It's exactly 30 miles round trip (perfect for if you like to keep your ride distances to whole numbers). We average a pretty moderate pace of 15 MPH or so (the larger winter L!G!A! rides generally has a much faster group at the front, whereas we tend to stick together and socialize). I'm working on getting a better e-mail distribution system together for sending out the e-mails; hit me up if you'd like to get on the list. We've been riding pretty consistently as long as the canal is dryish, but I send an e-mail out by mid-day on Wednesdays to confirm. After the ride, some folks head to Glen's Garden Market to meet up with the DTB crew for beer and food. Hope you can join us.

-Steve
    Does this mean you won't be doing Wednesdays @ Wakefield, to y'know, avenge your losses and stuff?

</derail>

2. ELITE Sunyata, vvill ELITED this post
    vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

IIRC you were already a few lengths ahead in the stream crossing!

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-...TLqjMcj-X2.jpg

4. Likes drevil liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vvill View Post
    IIRC you were already a few lengths ahead in the stream crossing!

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-...TLqjMcj-X2.jpg
    Steve's normally a faster rider than me, so I was surprised that he sat on my tail the whole race. I figured his strategy was to save himself until that last sprint alley, so between the stream and the last stretch in the video, I gathered myself and took a few deep breaths because I knew it'd come down to a sprint. Ultimately, I proved that 'staches are faster than beards

6. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Best race recap EVER.

I signed up for both the SS and Sport races for W@W since it is after DK200, and I can start doing stupid stuff again. (Like finishing one race and immediately grabbing a different bike and doing another race!)

Post Thanks / Like

Planning on making it out to ride the C&O tonight. The weather is awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Planning on making it out to ride the C&O tonight. The weather is awesome.
    You gonna start with them at District Cycle Works? I'd love to come out but I have a late meeting. If I get out in time, I'm going to try to make it also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    You gonna start with them at District Cycle Works? I'd love to come out but I have a late meeting. If I get out in time, I'm going to try to make it also.
    Things are looking good for my making this too.

Post Thanks / Like

So I hadn't planned on it but then I started trying to get things done so I could leave early to make it there from home by 6pm...but then I realized that it starts at District Cycle works and I have ZERO desire to (a) take the key bridge and then (b) bike down M street during rush hour. So, nope.

Although this did make me clean my gravel bike's drivetrain after Saturday's rainy gravel ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    I have ZERO desire to (a) take the key bridge and then (b) bike down M street during rush hour. So, nope.

Although this did make me clean my gravel bike's drivetrain after Saturday's rainy gravel ride.
    You could probably just sneak down 34th and cross the footbridge to the beginning of the C&O and stalk/catch the group there. Can anyone confirm if LGA passes through there?

Also, it sounds like your bike is too clean.
    Last edited by Birru; 05-10-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm... what if I start a rogue splinter group that starts from the maze at the Georgetown Waterfront Park at 6?

Would you be able to make it Ricky?

Would avoiding M St but still having to take the Key Bridge get Tania out?

It's way easier for me to get to the Georgetown Waterfront Park on time then to the Cyclewerks on time. If starting here gets more peeps out riding tonight, I'd be happy to meet up here.

14. Likes Birru, Tania liked this post