Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: L!g!a!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    I think I'm going to try this for the first time tonight. Anybody else?

Now the question is what kind of bike to suffer upon?
    I think it's only a winter thing. I rode up the canal to the Billy Goat B trailhead and only saw a few sporadic bikers. I do recommend an evening C&O ride though. Only a few bikers and walkers out last night despite perfect weather. Lots of goslings in the canal right now too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes ginacico liked this post
    hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I was wondering if drevil had special knowledge that it didn't end in March.

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post

Looks like somebody dropped their kryptonite (and I don't mean their u-lock).

5. Likes Rod Smith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    Looks like somebody dropped their kryptonite (and I don't mean their u-lock).
    Interestingly enough, I did drop my kryptonite on this ride just after exiting the CCT into Georgetown and hitting a steel plate. It was promptly ran over by an SUV, but survived.

The green blur is some pretty wicked lens flare. If you look closely there's a bunch of goslings in the picture.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    Yeah I was wondering if drevil had special knowledge that it didn't end in March.
    I don't see why it has to. I'd be up for a gravel ride next Wednesday if anyone wants to ride. Judd! Gravel! Action!

8. Likes Birru, LeprosyStudyGroup, hozn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see why it has to. I'd be up for a gravel ride next Wednesday if anyone wants to ride. Judd! Gravel! Action!
    Yup, got the email yesterday, but I wasn't able to make it because I got off of work late.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  cat - pick me.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  33.0 KB

Totally in for this.

11. Likes Judd, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi All,

Lights! Gravel! Action! is alive and well. My wife (Jenny) and I decided to keep it going through the spring and beyond as we train for some long gravel rides this summer. We roll from District Cycle Works (www.districtcycleworks.com) in Georgetown on Wednesdays at 6 PM. Lately, we have been riding out to the Great Falls overlook, eating some snacks, and heading back into Georgetown. It's exactly 30 miles round trip (perfect for if you like to keep your ride distances to whole numbers). We average a pretty moderate pace of 15 MPH or so (the larger winter L!G!A! rides generally has a much faster group at the front, whereas we tend to stick together and socialize). I'm working on getting a better e-mail distribution system together for sending out the e-mails; hit me up if you'd like to get on the list. We've been riding pretty consistently as long as the canal is dryish, but I send an e-mail out by mid-day on Wednesdays to confirm. After the ride, some folks head to Glen's Garden Market to meet up with the DTB crew for beer and food. Hope you can join us.

-Steve

13. Likes drevil, Tania, Sunyata, streetsmarts, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome info, Steve! I am going to try and make it out Wednesday, since the weather is looking pretty fantastic. (So much better than the 50 and all day rain we had on Saturday!)

It will be nice to see some BAFS folks there on their new gravel bikes. *cough*Judd*LSG*Birru*cough*

15. Likes juststeve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I will very likely be there but in my old gravel bike, since it has a handlebar. And brakes. And a drivetrain.

17. Likes juststeve, hozn liked this post