Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Registration for VASA ride now open

Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Registration for VASA ride now open

The VASA ride this year occurs on the final day of Freezing Saddles, Sunday, March 19.

Registration here. I'm signed up already.
    Name:  Vasa-2017-with-date.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  21.8 KB

Post Thanks / Like

What is the best way to bicycle to the start location from Greenbelt, Maryland? I signed up for the 59 mile ride. I think I can bicycle to the start location, do the ride, and make it home.

Thanks a ton

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Personally Bob, I would head down the ART to the South Capital Street bridge, take P Street SW to 4th Street, which takes you to the National Mall, then take the Rock Creek Park Trails to get there.

4. Likes BobCochran liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brett L. View Post
    Personally Bob, I would head down the ART to the South Capital Street bridge, take P Street SW to 4th Street, which takes you to the National Mall, then take the Rock Creek Park Trails to get there.
    Considering you'd be leaving early Sunday morning (when there isn't a lot of traffic), I'd take a more direct route like in the link below to save time and energy for the VASA:
    https://ridewithgps.com/routes/18810595

6. Likes BobCochran liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brett and Drevil, thanks a lot for your suggestions. I want to try both of them in the coming weeks so I can get some miles in for Team 19, and also learn the District better and have it "wired into me" from practicing the how to get there.

Thanks a ton

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Warning about Rhode Island Ave on Sundays: between (roughly) 2nd and 9th NW, the left lane is converted into Church parking, so it can be a bit challenging to navigate. One variation on drevil's route to avoid that complication would be Rhode Island to the MBT then down to the mall, or even waiting until 1st NW to bail south.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    The VASA ride this year occurs on the final day of Freezing Saddles, Sunday, March 19.

Registration here. I'm signed up already.
    Name:  Vasa-2017-with-date.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  21.8 KB
    I'll be volunteering to marshal the short ride again. I love the route along the river(s). Great ride and gotta get my fix of hot blueberry soup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes Bob James liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been wanting to do this for years and finally its going to happen this time! It seems like in past years I was always traveling... Between this and the close of BAFS, this will be a crazy riding day!

12. Likes BobCochran liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a long ride planned for early this week but had to cancel due to the snow. And, I'm working from home this entire week and not getting my usual commute in. So sad for BAFS Team 5!

So, I would like to do the 59-mi version of VASA instead of the 31 (I registered for 31). Anyone know if they'll happily hand me the 59-mile cue sheet if I show up at the early roll-out time on Sunday morning or if they insist that riders stick to the ride they registered for?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by secstate View Post
    Anyone know if they'll happily hand me the 59-mile cue sheet if I show up at the early roll-out time on Sunday morning or if they insist that riders stick to the ride they registered for?
    Why not print your own? They emailed ridewithgps cute sheet links today.