Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bikes of BAFS 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KWL View Post
    With no snow to speak of, my well worn 1992 Bridgestone XO-1 appears to be my FS bike this year.
    Love the mustache handlebars! I'm doing my "short" rides in the 'hood on my Bridgestone MB-2 (same color as your XO-1) but w/Rock Shox and slicks. I took my clip-in pedals off and put platform pedals on so I can just hop on and ride whenever it's convenient. Regular road rides on my Felt FC.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16729337_1855761771360026_3093624988504422116_n.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	13721

Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
    Shadow griping about not being able play the happy people silly reindeer games in the "Bikes of FS" thread while posting pix of an enclosed electric vehicle that you get in and drive/pedal assist a motor and noting that you don't like to use it below 20 deg?
    Currently 161 of the FS players have ridden their regular ol' bikes in temps below 20 degrees.
    Last edited by Steve O; 02-13-2017 at 03:16 PM. Reason: and many of the rest probably haven't had many opportunities this winter

3. Likes Harry Meatmotor, secstate, Vicegrip, Judd, dkel liked this post
    Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Currently 161 of the FS players have ridden their regular ol' bikes in temps below 20 degrees.
    Luckily out coldest temperature so far this year here in Frankfurt was still above 20F.

Post Thanks / Like

20 deg is only insulation class/ defcon 4 in my gear planner. I have insulation classes that run from 1 to 6 with 1 being regular bib shorts and a jersey and 6 being long bibs and legwarmers, 2 sets of shoe covers, winter road boots, balaclava, my magic Gore brand jacket, long sleeve jersey, snowboarding mitts with liner gloves and goggles. Defcon 6=extended sub 10 deg conditions.

If a ride is longer than one hour go the the next defcon level up. Example 20 deg is a 3 short, 4 long. Standard winter bibs, 1 set shoe covers, balaclava, coat, mitts with liner optional.

6. Likes KWL, QuikAF77, Sunyata, secstate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My Bridgestone MB-2. An oldie but goodie.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4289.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	13747

8. Likes Harry Meatmotor, KWL, QuikAF77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SolarBikeCar View Post
    The bicycle that got me banned from participating in FS (not just banned from using it to log FS miles).
    To be fair, you were not placed on a team because you behave like a dick on the trails.

10. Likes Harry Meatmotor, QuikAF77, ian74, Sunyata, hozn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    To be fair, you were not placed on a team because you behave like a dick on the trails.
    Judd is in the lead in the rorschach bike test pointless prize. The prize is awarded to the person who concocts the most damning tirade against someone never meet or encountered but based solely upon a picture of their ride. Officionados fancy themselves Sherlock.

Tim, you owe me one for doing my part to increase your web traffic during the slow months. I suspect others can do an even better evil inner projection than Judd.

Rules specifically disqualify entries that use the word troll as that Is a given and is not original.

Post Thanks / Like

Without gloves? I'm impressed. I break down and switch to winter gear at that point.

Post Thanks / Like

Judd is in the lead in the rorschach bike test pointless prize. The prize is awarded to the person who concocts the most damning tirade against someone never meet or encountered but based solely upon a picture of their ride. Officionados fancy themselves Sherlock.

Tim, you owe me one for doing my part to increase your web traffic during the slow months. I suspect others can do an even better evil inner projection than Judd.

Rules specifically disqualify entries that use the word troll as that Is a given and is not original.
    Please stop. This is not the place for this and I should not have commented* on your post. You are not going to change minds or change yours. Not saying go away just that there are plenty of areas and threads other than Freezing Saddles where conversations about your mode and methods of transport are appropriate. To persist could be misconstrued as being intentionally disruptive and I am sure you don't want that.

*sprinkled food.
    Last edited by Vicegrip; 02-14-2017 at 08:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ed! You always certainly add a bit of color to the conversations around here.

Fun fact--it's actually the winter when the forum has it's peak traffic. During the summer most people are busy out riding!

Another fun fact: the majority of visits happen on weekdays between 9am and 5pm. You people need to get back to work! *judging eyes*

15. Likes Harry Meatmotor, KWL, Sunyata, vvill, ginacico and 1 others liked this post