Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 88 of 88

Thread: Support the Trail Bridge over Lee Highway

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Falls Church
    Posts
    190
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    WashCycle has a post on this as well. I expect that if that design is kept, we'll be seeing video of Drevil riding the raised center.
    I imagine a week after that video surfaces VDOT will riddle that divider with those anti-skateboard strips.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    A week after THAT, Drevil will by riding the divider on his mountain bike.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    466
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    WashCycle has a post on this as well. I expect that if that design is kept, we'll be seeing video of Drevil riding the raised center.
    Ha, I wish. I can get over logs fine, but riding across them is trickier for me. More harder is riding up and across concrete jersey barriers. I've tried It would make good "America's Funniest Home Video" though

    Totally unrelated to this thread, but more to your comment since you brought it up, this is probably one of the most insane things I've ever seen anyone ride across (1 minute in)



    ... and this would be #2: https://youtu.be/ShbC5yVqOdI?t=2m30s

  3. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
  4. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    1,022
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If a thread is going to be hijacked, might as well be Danny MacAskill-related.

  5. Likes Steve O, drevil liked this post
  6. #84
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm more a Fabio Wibmer girl. Danny is art and grace and skill. Fabio is all about MONSTER cojones (with a solid helping of skill).

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jDKJT2dDZQ - skip to 3:40. Who needs on/off ramps?

    I'm off to mtb camp this weekend where I AM going to learn how to do real drops. I am I am I am I am.

  7. Likes Sunyata, Birru liked this post
  8. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Falls Church
    Posts
    190
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    I'm more a Fabio Wibmer girl. Danny is art and grace and skill. Fabio is all about MONSTER cojones (with a solid helping of skill).

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jDKJT2dDZQ - skip to 3:40. Who needs on/off ramps?

    I'm off to mtb camp this weekend where I AM going to learn how to do real drops. I am I am I am I am.
    Wow! Have fun at camp. I have neither cojones nor skill.

  9. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Columbia Pike
    Posts
    1,334
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Does anyone who was at the meeting recall how wide the trail is on each side of the hump?

  10. #87
    Henry is offline BikeArlington's Adorable Junior Admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris_s View Post
    Does anyone who was at the meeting recall how wide the trail is on each side of the hump?
    10' on both sides (20' total)

  11. Likes bobco85, Tania liked this post
  12. #88
    dasgeh's Avatar
    dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So we get a wider-than-the-mvt trail on both sides? Not so bad

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •