Likes Likes:  54
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  1
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Team 12 Unite!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    There is a female on your team (akbald01).
    Oh good. Well, hopefully we can all get together for a local ride or coffee or beer sometime in the next 2 months because some of your forum names are familiar, but I don't think I've met any of you in person except The Corporation (BobCo)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creadinger View Post
    Oh good. Well, hopefully we can all get together for a local ride or coffee or beer sometime in the next 2 months because some of your forum names are familiar, but I don't think I've met any of you in person except The Corporation (BobCo)
    Team 12 — The Corporation

Post Thanks / Like

Life will be hectic for me for the next 2 weeks but should calm down after, so I would love to have a group ride with everyone at the end of January. If you're looking to try riding in an area new to you, I'm in for taking a group that way!

I'm kind of liking The Corporation as a team name (this might be the 8 years of corporate work culture speaking). We could use something like this as a formal announcement:

Dear Member #15837895.

The Corporation values your input. We strive to ensure the best winter cycling experience and care deeply about the well being of all our members.

To better help your cycling experience here at The Corporation, we would like you to provide a few minor personal details:
    - blood sample
    - fingerprints
    - names of your next of kin

We look forward to bringing you into the unique and challenging Freezing Saddles competition as a well-valued and respected member of The Corporation.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone, 2 updates for ya:

• As of now, we are still missing 3 people from the Strava club. I am PM'ing Sunyata to help track them down.
    • You are invited to hang out with team members and/or cavort with the enemy (secstate from Team 5) on a ride this evening. The plan is to meet at the Arlington Monolith (bike counter on Custis Trail near Lynn St/Lee Hwy/Key Bridge in Rosslyn a.k.a. Intersection of Doom) at 7:30 p.m. We'll ride the Arlington Loop, stopping halfway through in Shirlington for food/drinks. Anyone and everyone is invited (even if they're the enemy i.e. on a different team). Hope to see you tonight!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! I sent forum PMs to the 3 individuals earlier this AM (sorry if you'd already done that!) but following up with Sunyata to get actual e-mails is probably the best way to get them to join the Strava team.

Post Thanks / Like

I have added tonight's group ride to the Freezing Saddles Google calendar. I will also add it to the forum calendar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creadinger View Post
    Question for you guys that ride literally every day for years - do you ever go away? I missed January 1st this year because my wife and I were in Philly visiting her sister. No bikes to be had and no where to ride them which would not have been a hassle for everyone. Oh well.
    Hey Chris - Teresa and I have traveled a fair amount and have navigated getting bikes pretty well.

We went to France in summer 2015 and rented bikes from a great guy in Paris. He owns Paris Bike Company and is an american from Ohio.

Teresa works for a french company and she goes a few times/year and he has a bike waiting for her at her hotel every trip (ooh la la).

In November, we went to Florida to visit her parents and rented bikes from a local shop.

In December, we went back to Florida to ride from Miami to Key West. We rented bikes from a great shop in Miami.

Over the holidays, we went to Paris and Berlin. In Paris, I rented the french Citibike equivalent, called Velib.

In Berlin, we borrowed my daughter's and her boyfriend's bikes, but many of the convenience stores have bikes for daily rental for 12 euro.

We've also shipped bikes to destinations and brought them on the plane with us. Renting seems to be the easiest option, but does take a little advance planning and finding a decent shop.

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all!

I think when I first looked I did not see our thread because it was on a second page of topics (I posted on the Strava club first). I'm good with the team name suggestion! Other than Sausage Party (because the movie was an unfortunate disappointment) and looks like I am the lone chick on Team 12. I think I came across that biking term somewhere… "get chicked" when a gal passes you ;-)

This is my first year riding Freezing Saddles after I bought cold weather gear, listened to my coworker talk about FS all last year while promptly not using any of said cold weather gear. I got into cycling via triathlon and into bike commuting thanks to safe track. I live in Rose Hill Alexandria, aka the "Eisenhower Ave Connector Bike Path" if you've been there and commute to Crystal City. So far going 16 days strong, even if it's just a 1 mile in my neighborhood on the weekend.

Sorry to miss out on the ride on the 13th! I'll keep an eye out for future events. Anyone here go to the Crystal City Coffee meet up I'm going to try and go to tomorrow?

Post Thanks / Like

All right, The Corporation it is! I'll update the Strava club name and find the best soul-crushing clean, corporate image I can find for our group

On Rose Hill, I am familiar with that area. I prefer using the Eisenhower Ave connector to the awful & narrow Van Dorn St path when going on rides to and including Telegraph Rd, Franconia-Springfield Pkwy Trail, Fairfax Co Pkwy Trail, and Occoquan.

I'll be out of town (NJ/NY) for the rest of the week starting tomorrow, but I hope to get a ride organized when I return. Good idea on having bike rentals set up for each step of a multi-destination trip! I'll be using a 3-day Citibike pass to ensure I don't miss any ride days.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Dave Beavers here. Just wanted to say howdy to Team 12 from the far-flung corners of Bristow / Manassas. Long time listener, second-time player in the Frozen Chamois Classique. Dreaming of someday moving back to Arlington, but I work out here on the suburban frontier. Save a seat for me at a bar in Ballston. I'll be there in five years.
    Good luck to everyone. I'd love to ride with you on some weekend. If anyone is interested in coming out west, let me know. Otherwise, I'm up for a ride inside the beltway some time.
    Dave