Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team 16 - Bollard Busters

Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Team 16 - Bollard Busters

Steve O's team has traditionally been called the Bollard Busters, so why mess with tradition?

If you are one of these people, please join the Strava group:
    https://www.strava.com/clubs/bollardbusters2017

CBGanimal
    FFX_Hinterlands
    JeremySchneider
    kcb203
    Pierre
    rachelwright
    rwhiffen
    sarahvt97
    Steve O
    trey197
    Zuc

2. ELITE Pierre ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For historical purposes, here's the original post that resulted in the 2013 Team 9 Bollard Buster team name:
    http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...8905#post38905

Teamies - be sure to join the Strava club at the link shown in the original post.

Also, reply to this post with a hello to your teammates. I'll start.
    Last edited by Steve O; 01-11-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Introduce yourself, Busters

Hi teammates,

A few of you know me, and the rest of you don't.
    I'm Steve O, and I am captain of this illustrious team. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in person.
    I live close to the EFC Metro almost on the line between Arlington and Falls Church. I commute every day by bicycle and use my bike as my main mode of (local) transportation.
    I often attend Friday Coffee Club II at Java Shack and occasionally show up at the others. During FS off-season I organize Midnight Saddles rides and other social events with my bike riding friends.
    This is my 5th year playing Freezing Saddles. The Bike Arlington scarf I received at the end of the first season has shrunk to 60% of its original length.

See you out there!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Hi teammates,

I'm Steve O, and I am captain of this illustrious team. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in person.
    I live close to the EFC Metro almost on the line between Arlington and Falls Church. I commute every day by bicycle and use my bike as my main mode of (local) transportation.
    I often attend Friday Coffee Club II at Java Shack and occasionally show up at the others. During FS off-season I organize Midnight Saddles rides and other social events with my bike riding friends.
    This is my 5th year playing Freezing Saddles. The Bike Arlington scarf I received at the end of the first season has shrunk to 60% of its original length.

See you out there!
    Hello! My name is Chris and this is my 2nd year in freezing saddles (I was on the #1 team last year!) I live at Skyline off of Leesburg Pike and commute to work every day.
    I'm so excited about this years competition, mainly because I have conquered navigating the Forum!!!
    I am a coffee club enthusiast...making it to 3 CC regularly and sometimes 5 CC per week!
    Looking forward to meeting all of you soon! And if anyone wants to join any coffee club let me know and I will ride with you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default HELLOOO! (Hello.....helloooo)

Calling out to our team members who have not yet joined the Strava group:

JeremySchneider
    zuc
    rachelwright

The rest of you, feel free to introduce yourselves as Chris did. Also, if you go on a coffee ride with her, not only will it be fun, but she will take your photo with her and her really big smile.

7. Likes CBGanimal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Team!

Hi, I'm Tom and this is my second year of FS. I've been commuting to work for about 6 years now out here in Western Fairfax Co. I'm not really big on miles but I'm not perturbed by weather, either. Since I signed up for FS I am no longer employed, so that will change some things (crossing fingers that next job is bike commute-able). I'll do my best to get out there. I rarely make it into DC for events (which reminds me we should figure out our geographic team center for meeting up) and Green Lizard is my closest bike shop.
    I'm also active with FABB if you have any advocacy questions.
    If anyone knows of any Product Management jobs, let me know!

Thanks,

Tom
    Last edited by FFX_Hinterlands; 01-12-2017 at 02:55 PM.

9. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FFX_Hinterlands View Post
    Hello Team!

Hi, I'm Tom and this is my second year of FS. I've been commuting to work for about 6 years now out here in Western Fairfax Co. I'm not really big on miles but I'm not perturbed by weather, either. Since I signed up for FS I am no longer employed, so that will change some things (crossing fingers that next job is bike commute-able). I'll do my best to get out there. I rarely make it into DC for events (which reminds me we should figure out our geographic team center for meeting up) and Green Lizard is my closest bike shop.
    I'm also active with FABB if you have any advocacy questions.
    If anyone knows of any Product Management jobs, let me know!

Thanks,

Tom
    Hi Tom! I lov Green Lizard and will be happy to do a ride out that way! Vienna is also a good spot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. Likes FFX_Hinterlands, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello!

Hi, I'm Rachel. This is my first FS!

I commute from Falls Church to Rosslyn, so I'll try to get myself up early enough for the Friday coffee hour in Arlington!

13. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Hi teammates,

See you out there!
    Steve, I'm surprised we haven't crossed paths. I live right on the line between Arlington and Fairfax County north of EFC (by Williamsburg & Westmoreland). I split my work time between DC and Reston and try to ride 3 or 4 days a week.

I'm not a bollard buster, but i am a pylon killer. There's a parking garage in DC that's always placing an orange pylon in the bike lane on NY Ave just east of the White House. I always try to kick it over when I ride by, and once I got a kill--it fell over and cracked in half at the base.

I'm not bike on the Coffee Clubs but occasionally will stop by Vienna on Thursdays.

15. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kcb203 View Post
    I'm not a bollard buster, but i am a pylon killer.
    *hijack*

I totally read that as PYTHON killer and tried to figure out how you killed a python on your bike in DC (and why was the python orange?).

Then I found this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Orange Python.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	13194

*/hijack*

17. Likes Steve O liked this post